Health update.

Started by Zanshin, November 10, 2005, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Hi, guys.  Sorry if this is coming out of left field, but I can't remember who I might have mentioned this to, and I don't want to leave anyone hanging.

A few weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor and we were left to stew about it until we could finally get in with a neurosurgeon.  It was one of those things where she went in for a sinus CAT scan, and they found something else.  Then came the MRI.  Finally, the retarded ENT called us a couple of weeks ago on Friday night at 6:30.  The doctor told my wife she had a brain tumor and offered ZERO details, but said to see a neurosurgeon immediately.  Excellent information to get on Friday at 6:30 pm, because we were looking for a reason to stew about something all weekend before we could do anything remotely proactive.

Anyway, we saw the neurosurgeon yesterday-- finally. Turns out, it's tough to get an appointment with those fargers.

While she does have some abnormal stuff going on, it has more to do with her skull than her brain, and it's certainly not a brain tumor (as originally diagnosed). In fact, it's nothing that the neurosurgeon is very worried about at all, at this point....thankfully.

For some reason, part of her skull has deteriorated. It could have been from some form of trauma, or just one of those weird things. At any rate, she's going to have another MRI in a few months to see if that trend continues. If it does, they'll perform surgery to remove the damaged bone and replace it with a titanium plate. And considering the other options based on the call we received a few weeks ago, that's about the best news we could have gotten.

Just wanted to close the loop and share the good news.  Bad news is I'll have to stop beating her in that particular part of her head.

Thanks for your thoughts and support....if you knew about this at all ;).

rjs246

Whoa dude. Very good news. Clearly you had shared nothing with me, because I am a raging icehole, but its good to hear anyway.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

I wouldn't say raging....  Actually, I purposefully didn't tell that many people because I didn't have enough information, and I didn't want to jump the gun.  My in-laws had that covered.

But we had to wait so friggin long for an appointment, that I know I mentioned it sort of casually over the last few weeks to several people.  But my memory is pretty horrible.  Maybe I'm the one with the brain problem.

MURP

glad to hear things are looking up.   :yay

Wingspan

well thats the best news you coulda gotten...i'm relieved for you zanshin. being just married i couldnt imagine getting this kind of situation so quickly.

even though i had no clue...but then again, why would i? i hardly ever read more than 5 words in any given post.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

4and26

That is really good news for you.  All things considered that's probably the best news you could receive.

While were at it throw some good karma my way.   My sister started kemo (sp/)  and radiation treatment this week in what the doctor are telling us will be a long fight against cancer.    She's a wonderful sister, wife and mother of two great boys.
I've bought her a pink Eagles hat that she was thrilled to receive.  So next time you see someone wearing a pink Eagles hat take a moment to  reflect and pray for all those fighting cancer.

BPJ

Father Demon

Z -- great news.  It's tough going through unknown health issues with someone so close to you, and even worse when you get conflicting and incorrect information from the professionals.  Keep your head up, and keep your wife smiling and laughing.  Things will improve.

4and26 -- Hope your sister can get through her recovery.  Chemo is a tough process, but hopefully it is able to fight and destroy the cancer.  Same advice to you -- the best thing you can do for her is to be with her, and help keep her chin up. 

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Zanshin

4and26.  Wow.  Really sorry to hear that, but the success rates are higher now than ever.  Good luck to you and your family.

T_Section224

Z-good news
4-sorry to hear, keep positive and she'll feed off of that.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Susquehanna Birder

Glad to hear things are working out for the better, G. I know from experience that you have to keep hounding the docs, because they like to keep putting things off. Telling you something that dire on a Friday afternoon, and then not being around the whole weekend is tragically typical stuff.

4...what can I say? Keeing good, positive spirits is an excellent approach. Stay focused on the battle!

mussa

Hope everything works out for you and your family Zanny :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

stillupfront

Quote from: Zanshin on November 10, 2005, 09:09:05 AM
replace it with a titanium plate.

Cousin Eddie said this helped alot with the part in his hair.

Seriously great news.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

Tomahawk

Feva

Z... this is the first I've heard about it, but man... that's good news, relatively speaking.  That had to be tough as hell waiting all that time simply trying to get some answers.  Good to hear.

4th... sorry to hear that news about your sister.  Just do your part and stay there to support her.  She'll be through it in no time.  :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

Glad to hear that you got some good news, Zanshin.

Hopefully no surgery will be necessary.