The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

QuoteAs of September Nielson ratings estimates, WIP beat 97.5 in every time slot (6-10, 10-12, 12-2, 6-12) except one (2-6).

that amazes me...people could listen to that smarmy guido wop dago POS missinelli. hes such a worthless sack of shtein and his radio station is a farce (sorry SD, wait no im not). not that da cuz is some kind of expert broadcaster, but miss creeps me out and im not even one of the women he harasses.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I listen to Mikey Miss in my office.  I like him because of his guests like Sal, Dawk, Jaws.  His side kick, Martinez? is terrible.  Was that dude born in 2001?  He's clueless about sports history and all the social shtein Miss brings up.  I miss the crossover between Bruno and Miss.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

I love jaws but lol at dawk being good...he is sucking someones dick at espn to have a job...sal is a solid reporter but completely worthless and clueless about football

Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2014, 12:08:40 AM
QuoteAs of September Nielson ratings estimates, WIP beat 97.5 in every time slot (6-10, 10-12, 12-2, 6-12) except one (2-6).

that amazes me...people could listen to that smarmy guido wop dago POS missinelli. hes such a worthless sack of shtein and his radio station is a farce (sorry SD, wait no im not). not that da cuz is some kind of expert broadcaster, but miss creeps me out and im not even one of the women he harasses.

its because it has espn behind it....og's like me are the only people who still listen to wip...anyone young and dumb is gonna go espn everytime.....theres a reason they are the worldwide leader
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

I listen to Mikey Miss occsionally, but it seems to be the same thing every day.  And the whole movie thing he likes to do is positively igy-ish.

phattymatty

no offense bros but anyone who listens to sports radio is dumb regardless of the channel. and since when does nielson do radio? arbitron is not a thing anymore? all of radio should actually just go away.

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2014, 08:00:39 AM

its because it has espn behind it....og's like me are the only people who still listen to wip...anyone young and dumb is gonna go espn everytime.....theres a reason they are the worldwide leader

so you've become the very things you hate - old & white.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 23, 2014, 08:02:09 AM
I listen to Mikey Miss occsionally, but it seems to be the same thing every day.  And the whole movie thing he likes to do is positively igy-ish.

i used to listen more then i do now. all of sports talk radio has gotten boring IMO.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on December 23, 2014, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2014, 08:00:39 AM

so you've become the very things you hate - old & white.

if I was only MA id be just like you

smeags

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 23, 2014, 08:02:09 AM

Call up and ask Mike his thoughts on "The Departed" anf "Good Fellas".  He will probably start crying.  Excellent flickd but he can recite every line from both movies.  This isn't ET Mikey.  Sports Talk Radio.  He's doing his movie thing right now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

smeags

i thought the movie trivia and common knowledge segments were ok when he first started them but now he goes into that shtein just about damn day.

i miss sirius radio & stern in the mornings but not paying $13 a month. regular radio stinks pretty much across the board but i have been listening to 107.9 lately.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2014, 12:08:40 AM

fwiw in december wip murdered the fantatic and i couldn't find a month going back to the summer where wip didn't easily win....unless im reading this wrong....im also not 100% sure what the fantaics call letters are....wpen right?

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=78b390ff9f5b002e3f050238c&id=991632ba73

MDS

those ratings are because of eagles games and angelo

the individual ratings are tougher to come by....but the douche crossing broad guy said miss was winning. and the lowball contract offer to DA CUZZZZZ would seem to signal that. if he was winning, like angelo, he would've gotten the 3 year extension angelo got.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

oh I thought sd was talking the overall ratings...not the afternoon drive...either was they cant be winning much if wip more than doubled them....those ratings are 24/7 ratings right?....not just for eagle games or for the afternoon drive....also you can go back well before the eagles and they still win....im actually surprised...I thought espn would def be winning in every time slot other than angelo

MDS

crossing broad is getting the info from 97.5 people....he made it seem like its close, but its not. mike is probably winning or its a toss up, but that cant be good enough for wip. they MURDER chicken shtein 97.5 in everything else, so the standards are high.

also the 5.2 number WIP had for december is bigger than any other sports station's market, other than the number the fan draws on long island. the greatest city in the world....the pulse....