The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

if they really replace gargano and ellis with innes i am OUT on the pulse

gargano and his fake south philly, ayo cuz dats aweeesome schtick were grating, but him and ellis had the only listenable show that i actually had time to listen to. ellis is a bore by himself, but ok playing off someone else.

the only way he goes to 975 is if they pony up FU cash to stick it to wip. those cheap fargs over there put anyone on the radio.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

innes is farging horrendous and the opposite of what i grew up knowing about WIP.

WIP has always been about the sports first...angelo and that show is the closest thing they have an entertainment/sports mix

i grew up WIP being sports heads talking about sports.  Hockman, Don McKee, Jody Mac, and all those other guys who were horrendous on the radio but they were just there to talk about sports. 

Innes is your typical trying too hard to be edgy "shock" host.  he can't talk about sports a lick, he takes the contrarian view about the local teams just to get people to call and of course your typical sports radio caller is a moron so then he goes in on the callers and embarrasses them and makes himself look smart.  he's everything that's wrong with radio
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Welcome to the new age sports radio.

I agree with what you're saying. I used to really enjoy it when it was just sports banter. Now it's all about hot takes! Thanks, ESPN.

SunMo

SunMo

Here is his tweet about it and he gets crushed by other writers. 

https://twitter.com/SKaneCSN/status/545638770079719424

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Haha that's terrible. CSN pays him for thoughts like that?

Actually he'd probably fit in good on WIP

Rome

Criticizing athletes because of their first names?

Who does that?

PhillyPhreak54

UPDATE 2: Sources say Gargano is out at WIP and that the final decision to cut ties, following a contentious negotiation, may have come from CBS corporate suits in New York.

BigEd76

QuoteAnthonyLGargano
Thanks to WIP and all of the Philadelphia fans for 15 great years! On to the next chapter. #stillbelieveinchip

SD

I know a lot about the make up of radio stations and contract negotiations...I still dont understand how two sides can't come to an agreement. Wip was the perfect place for Gargano...unless he has something else lined up...he's on the losing end here. Zero doubt they replace him with someone cheaper and their ratings stay the same

If the fanatic was smart they'd ditch the mike and mike show and hire him as their morning guy

ice grillin you

gargano cant do mornings....hes the least humorous and entertaining guy ever....they should hire him for afternoon drive....I don't know who currently is in that slot on that god awful station now but gargano has to be one million times better
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Something tells me that he overvalued himself and refused to give in. Probably fell back on the good ratings and the fact they caked off Cataldi recently

97.5 let Bruno walk and seem to be rather cheap. Half their on air people probably make $10 an hour.

I think they're contractually obligated to have that shtein show Mike and Mike on

SD

It's missanelli and his ratings kill garganos