The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Immediate replacement is Tyrone I don't know who Hunter Brody is. There'll be an announcement in the next few days about a new host who's well known and respected but I'm not sure where they're slotting him. Cuz remains popular not sure why they don't slot him back in the 2-6.

Quote from: Munson on May 31, 2022, 07:36:23 PM
Yeah he seemed like a legit dude who obviously had a temper that got him a reputation. But yeah hearing right wingers get uncomfortable when he'd be on the lefty side of social Justice issues was always fun.

Gonna kind of suck not having him on the radio in the afternoons on my way home from work.

I guess they'll let Tyrone run it for now until they make an official announcement?

I was glad he apologized for being a douche at times. It's Philly and vanilla doesn't generate listeners which is why the Angelo/Eskin/Miss etc. schtick do well in the drive time slots. He did what he needed to to gain listeners. I grew up with wip on 24/7 so for someone else to come to this market and compete with them is somewhat remarkable.

Diomedes

There's something about radio and bad voices...a lot of people on the radio who sound terrible but somehow it works.  You'd think, well, you can be ugly on radio.  But it's better...you can be ugly AND sound awful! 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Usually if someone's voice grates on me it doesn't matter how good their content is, I can't be a regular listener. NPR especially is hit hard with vocal fry. If your medium is your voice, you owe it to your audience to craft it.

With sports radio, the content is often so stupid that a really dumb or whiny, heavily accented voice seems to fit better. Combined with callers with bad connections who sound like they are yelling into a speakerphone, it's quite the audio treat.

PhillyPhreak54

I listen to MadDog Radio on Sirius all the time. It's more pleasant to me when they're not taking callers on most shows. The only time there's some good back and forth really with callers is when Russo is on.

I equate most of the WIP and Fanatic callers to Dirty Thirty level morons.

And who the hell is Hunter Brody?

MDS

marginassi was pimping this phillie like its gonna be huge and its farging ricky bo

when i worked in media everyone told me miss was an icehole
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2022, 11:04:13 AM
a rando ex phillie is? not saying youre getting bad intel but i think rhea/al are sticking and the new host will be an actual broadcaster, not a former ballplayer.

Missed this but you get an F- for doubting my radio intel.

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 09, 2022, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2022, 09:58:01 AM
jose mesa is taking over for angelo wowwwww

You're warm

I thought you'd guess obvious answers as either Mitch or Ricky Bo.

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 08, 2022, 11:58:52 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on October 10, 2021, 07:49:49 PM
Something big potentially (I'd say more likely than not) happening with Philly sports radio come December. You'll definitely know it when it happens.

Next month set in stone.

New guy: Phillies...some of you might care not sure

This sure sounds like pimpin. Been in the works for some time now. First I heard he's joining up with Tyrone but that's an odd mix. Would have just moved cuz up a slot

MDS

ricky bo is a dumb troll...i guess that works for sports radio. i rarely listen to it so whatever have your fun 975

i thought initially you were talking about ang or that whatever ex phillie was going to be solo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

I was reading an article about how all the #1 nfl broadcasting teams are white guys, and when someone mentioned tirico, bunch of people replied that he identifies as Italian and not black.  lol.

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 01, 2022, 11:17:25 AM
ricky bo is a dumb troll...i guess that works for sports radio. i rarely listen to it so whatever have your fun 975

i thought initially you were talking about ang or that whatever ex phillie was going to be solo

You nailed the position (reliever)

Regardless of the host I'll do what I always do which is tune in when something big happens (Harden trade, nfl draft etc)

phattymatty

the last time I listened to missinelli was the Andrew Bynum trade.

Munson

Tyrone and John Kincaid are getting into it a tiny bit on Twitter because of the DeAngelo trade hah
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

it appears the big 10 will go
fox, noon - #1 game of the week
cbs, 330 - #2/3 game of the week
nbc, 800 - #2/3 game of the week

abc/espn are getting the SEC. the rest of the conferences are basically after thoughts at this point

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.