The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

He was always well spoken and affable early on in his career. Once the steroid stuff but he kinda shut down with being so open. So pretty much his whole career in NY.

ice grillin you

the steriod stuff came out i think five years after he joined the yanks....but even after the initial steroid stuff was all the jeter beef.,..the mvp....the world series win against the phils etc...he was all around then

it wasnt until he was suspended in 2013 that he disappeared....other than that he was yappin his whole career with the yanks...but even if he wasnt he was almost a sure fire candidate to be good on tv from day one in the majors
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

He always just seemed really awkward to me so I didn't think it would translate to TV. He never seemed like a dumb jock, more like an intrinsically uncool person who couldn't be cool even banging celebrities and being one of the best baseball players of all time. Didn't see any of that this playoffs though, just a smart guy shooting the shtein about baseball.

The one thing you can say about both him and Pete Rose is that in spite of their serious flaws, both are totally obsessed with baseball in a way that is not normal even for a major league baseball player.

ice grillin you

i think because arod was not liked in his locker room it made him seem awkward and aloof but to me whenever he spoke he always seemed super smart and fluid with is takes even when he was lying

PhillyPhreak54

NBC announces a "bye" week for Al Michaels, with Mike Tirico handling the next three games: GB-Wash, Pit-Ind, K.C.-Denver.

Doing a Cleveland game killed Degen Al

ice grillin you

MDS

hes 70something years old...he doesnt want to do 2 games in a week and likely cant

hes also not doing the eagles/giants thursday nighter in week 16. guessing he doesnt want to fly all the way to the east coast.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I thought it was part of the contract that the same crew had to do Thursday and Sunday, so that the networks wouldn't assign announcers commensurate with the crappiness of the Thursday games. Jim Nantz must already be plotting to get out of that shtein.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 16, 2016, 10:58:58 AM
what did he do

Sounded like he's rather be on the morgue table than calling that abortion of a game.

He couldn't even muster up any gambling jawns during it.

ice grillin you

that's boring...I thought he got suspended for calling a player the n word or something

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 16, 2016, 03:31:08 PM
I thought it was part of the contract that the same crew had to do Thursday and Sunday, so that the networks wouldn't assign announcers commensurate with the crappiness of the Thursday games. Jim Nantz must already be plotting to get out of that shtein.

it was but clearly michaels called in some favors

the issue was he did those nfl network exclusive tnf games that are on purpose crappy and exist solely to inflate how much nfl network can charge cable companies per month. for whatever reason, nfln required cbs/nbc to produce those games instead of compiling their own crew.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

what is espn3....does it just mean you go to espn.com and watch the game online

if a game is on e3 is it free to all

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah ESPN3 is online

Not sure if it's available to everyone tho.

QB Eagles

I think you need a cable account, and there might be a couple cable companies that don't participate. Otherwise no extra charge required.