The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

corporations like disney only care about making tons of money. they need to make a certain amount of profit. if they are not projected to meet said profit, even though they are still on track to make plenty of money, they will cut costs in order to attain the pre-set goal.

welcome to america. hi.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I understand that point. We have p&l meetings every month

But I didn't expect ESPN to be in the position to have to lay people off

Can Skip Bayless get fired?please?

Sgt PSN

It's pretty simple, actually. Mikey Mouse wants a bigger piece of the pie.

Don Ho

Wait, ESPN has 350 employees?  How many Assistants to the Traveling Secretary do they need?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 21, 2015, 12:55:01 AM
I understand that point. We have p&l meetings every month

But I didn't expect ESPN to be in the position to have to lay people off

Can Skip Bayless get fired?please?

you dont expect greedy people to be greedy? oh, innocent j.

bayless actually might not resign, but then he would just go to fox and espn would become the screamin a smith network.

ice grillin you

i was reading the other day that first take is pulling in record ratings these days
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

They've lost millions of subscribers due to cord cutters and people dropping their sports packages, and are one of the less profitable parts of Disney. Also they are shifting away from their failed personality-led, labor-intensive strategy of the last several years (Simmons/Silver/Whitlock/etc.).

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 21, 2015, 11:57:57 AM
i was reading the other day that first take is pulling in record ratings these days

it is, but the company might feel that with SAS and a new hot-take white to go against him could work just as well. skip is the goat at his troll act, but someone can easily just copy it.

or they might decide to not mess up a "good" thing and give skip what he wants. and he wants a lot.

smeags

who is watching that show at that time slot ? do the ratings take into account people that watch the re-running of the show ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

its for the live airing

i dont know specific demos....id imagine its leans black because for a while they were putting some afro eye candy in there....but the audience is definitely 100% retarded people

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 21, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
id imagine its leans black because for a while they were putting some afro eye candy in there....but the audience is definitely 100% retarded people

i watch it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS