The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i saw a clip last night of scott van pelt talking baltimore-ese with tim kurkijan recently, apparently it's a running bit for years, and TK just giggles like a little girl. pretty funny stuff. TK is the best.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on September 16, 2015, 10:41:14 AM
i saw a clip last night of scott van pelt talking baltimore-ese with tim kurkijan recently, apparently it's a running bit for years, and TK just giggles like a little girl. pretty funny stuff. TK is the best.

Haha I was going to post the video of that. It cracks me up. Deadspin has a mashup clip of when he was on radio and would get Tim cackling.

Kikooooo Alonsooooo

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/josh-innes-wip-sports-radio/

A pretty in depth read on lil guy's boy Innes with anecdotes on him not being able to get it up and his girlfriends dry vadge. Merrill Reese loves him. So does ND Kalu.

smeags

the fact that this dope is still on air doesn't speak well for the listeners in this area. TATERs running wild.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/pattisonave/&id=330520271&

Mds as campaign manager?

Slogans?

Keepin it real for Phila
Vote for me ya dope/nitwit

MDS

gargano tied angelo after week 1 of the football season

miss beat innis

hmmmmm
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

idiot declares himself the new king after winning the ratings the first month of his shows existence meanwhile the rest of the world knows new shows on popular formats usually get a ratings boost due to listener curiosity. Hell I even listened the first week.

smeags

Quote from: SD on October 06, 2015, 07:28:06 AM
idiot declares himself the new king after winning the ratings the first month of his shows existence meanwhile the rest of the world knows new shows on popular formats usually get a ratings boost due to listener curiosity. Hell I even listened the first week.

also, the same month miss was on vaca for two weeks.

MDS

miss is unbearable but innes deserves to die....gargano i actually quite enjoy. hes toned down the souf philly goomba thing a ton.

i dont think innes lasts much longer. hes just an insane person. WIP sold out to get him. angelo is on his last legs and their afternoon star is a ticking time bomb. they have NOTHING after those 2. that station could done in a few years.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on October 06, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

miss is unbearable but innes deserves to die....gargano i actually quite enjoy. hes toned down the souf philly goomba thing a ton.

agreed on gargano and that was a reason I couldn't listen to him before.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 06, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

i dont think innes lasts much longer. hes just an insane person. WIP sold out to get him. angelo is on his last legs and their afternoon star is a ticking time bomb. they have NOTHING after those 2. that station could done in a few years.

Miss has his faults no doubt but we share similar interest in movies/tv shows and he actually talks sports and leaves the manufactured drama crap alone. I don't know how Innes made it this far, I figured a passionate sports city like Philly would see through his schtick and run him out of town by now. Angelo is whatever, I listen here and there but Gargano is a million times better.

PhillyPhreak54

Dude in my office listens to Innes every afternoon now. He loved him in Houston.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 06, 2015, 07:42:00 PM
Dude in my office listens to Innes every afternoon now. He loved him in Houston.

There has got to be an extension cord in your supply room you can use to strangle this guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I've thought about it. He started after the Eagles lost to Dallas. He's put WIP on in years past to hear the insane callers. But now that he realizes that ex-Houstonian Innes is on he's tuning in all the time.

And Gargano tuned down his Italian schtick?! Awwwww cuzzzz that's not aweeeeeesome bo!