2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Well put. This is my first ever parade, and it was all I thought and infinitely more. I dreamed about it for years, and it surpassed even my greatest expectations. The best part? It sounds cheesy, but millions of people in one area just coming together for the same cause. Just unreal. You think you can comprehend 2-3 million people, but you really can't. I didn't get anything signed. Where I was the police were blocking you from going up to them. That probably happened once they got out of the more confined areas.

25 years is a long farging time. After today I can say without any hesitation that the wait was worth what I experienced today and then some.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

MDS

Enjoyable moment:

I caught the action on Broad and Ellsworth, right on the corner there is predictably a Chinese shop and a Fried Chicken shop. What else would there be?

Anyway, on top of the Chink place there are a few apartments. The top one was this fat guy who was chuggin down bottles of vodka all day to entertain the crowd (might have been water for all I know). Under him was this skeezy fat skank who quickly showed her tits, then needed 5 minutes of egging on and attention before she showed them again. Tits are tits when all is said and done, and it beats seeing someone whip out their cock and pee in the middle of an intersection in broad daylight.

The guy, in an obvious attempt to steer the crowds attention back to him, started downing more bottles and dropping them down to the crowd and such. But he ran out, and then had the genius idea to hold up a McCain/Palin sign. People booed, chanted Obama, then started throwing bottles and shtein up at him. The guy got pissed off, gave several different non-verbal variations of "farg you," and closed his windows shut. What a fat farging baby.

But overall an unbelievable day. Chase Utley is my hero.

And to top it off I saw my old roomates buddy rockin a Carcetti for mayor sweatshirt. I was soooo jealous of him for having that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

i am so happy for those of you who got to attend the festivities.  even from 8,000 miles away i enjoyed every minute of it on the comcast feed.  it truly felt like i was there. 

this is the best.  this whole day has really let it start to sink in.

i watched game 5 (Wednesday's version) at my mom's house with the parents, my son, niece and nephew. 
what a special moment.  my mom called later that night saying how exciting it was and how much fun the kids had watching their uncle go nuts.  the whole family was into it and it will be something i will cherish forever.

this is what it's all about folks.  embrace all of this for it is truly special.  I have waited for what seems like an eternity since 1983 for this day and was it ever worth it.

you people are the best and always keep me in stitches and help me vent about our teams and god knows i need that as my wife is ready to throw me out.

Happy World Champions Day!

Now let's party!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

yesterday was the single best day of my entire farging life...absolute insanity...the best part wasnt even the actual floats it was walking down broad to the stadiums following the parade....im not ashamed to admit i teared up multiple times...

shouts to the philly police who basically let you did whatever the hell you wanted...to the people of the greatest city in the entire world...and to jimmy rollins for calling out johan santana and the piece of farging shtein ny mets...jimmy rollins = top 5 all time philly athlete

eat a big fat dick ny

parade >>>>>>>>>>>> being at game 5

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2008, 12:20:40 PM

no

But they were entirely different feelings. Wednesday was the sex....Friday was the afterglow.

Best two days of my sports life were yesterday and wednesday.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Wingspan on November 01, 2008, 12:28:44 PM

no

But they were entirely different feelings. Wednesday was the sex....Friday was the afterglow.

you can honestly say this is the first and only time IGY will be jealous of you. 

I agree IGY, best day i can remember EVER.  I've never seen so many happy people, not animosity at all, no matter your race, where you grew up, just love and appreciation of a World fargING CHamp. 

I felt like a complete puss tearing up, but if you looked around, there were thousands of people in the exact same shoes.  Charlie Manuel is forever legend in this town, he didnt farg up at all in the playoffs that i can remember.  Burrell was great, just soaking it in, and wherever he goes, he'll always be a Phillie.  Utley needs to have a statue made of the speech, and Rollins shteinting on the mets int eh worst way was amazing.  I think i have arthritis in my index finger from pointing #1 so much.  Thanks Phils, and the best City in the World
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

One of the best moments for me yesterday was when I finally walked into CBP after following them from Snyder. And I was walking the stadium concourse. I ran into the older guy who had the same season plan as I did and sat across the isle from all season long, immediately we hugged and I was as happy for him as I was for anyone else. He told me that his wife was in the hospital for Game 5.1, and couldnt make the game, only to have been able to go to Game 5v2 to see this.

(Playoff seats were not your normal seats for partial season holders, since in theory 4 other people have your seats)

It's not about being jealous...but being at game 5 was a feeling that just cant be described the rollercoaster of emotion...the thrill, anticipation...the waiting...the jubilance...it doesnt sink in right away, it's impossible...and it took until seeing the floats on friday to really see and finalize your experience from wednesday.

Obviously...yesterday was amazing for every fan, and no one is less of a fan for not being able to get to see a WS in person (something that eagles some season ticket holders like to say). But those who were there to see them clinch it, got their closure at the parade. One was not better than the other...it was just different, and farging amazing. Amazing for everyone...the die-hard fans, the out of town fans, the casual fans....every single one of them was able to celebrate. It's not about saying that one event was better than the other. From the moment of strike three...through yesterday, it was about finally being able to experience an AMAZING 3 days.

World fargING Champions
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Someone we know bought World Series merchandise at Modell's yesterday and flew it down with him.  Whoever manufactured the hat forgot to put the Phillies insignia on it after they won.

:-D

Needless to say it's going back.

I hope the one I bought on MLB.com isn't farged up like that one.

Also - bought this butta johnson on QVC yesterday...

It's on waitlist only now. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 01, 2008, 12:52:13 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on November 01, 2008, 12:28:44 PM

no

you can honestly say this is the first and only time IGY will be jealous of you. 

I agree IGY, best day i can remember EVER.  I've never seen so many happy people, not animosity at all, no matter your race, where you grew up, just love and appreciation of a World fargING CHamp. 

I felt like a complete puss tearing up, but if you looked around, there were thousands of people in the exact same shoes.  Charlie Manuel is forever legend in this town, he didnt farg up at all in the playoffs that i can remember.  Burrell was great, just soaking it in, and wherever he goes, he'll always be a Phillie.  Utley needs to have a statue made of the speech, and Rollins shteinting on the mets int eh worst way was amazing.  I think i have arthritis in my index finger from pointing #1 so much.  Thanks Phils, and the best City in the World

im jealous because he didnt pay 700 bucks for 3.5 innings....but i was at the game and the parade and the parade owned the game...not that the game wasnt ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I was at neither but the last three innings of that game were the most intense I've ever experienced in my life a Philly fan.  The parade looked awesome, though, but I was there in 1980 and I suspect it was similar.

In all honesty, though, I doubt either would hold a candle to an Eagles Super Bowl parade.

Just sayin'...