2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 22, 2008, 10:19:03 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 22, 2008, 10:10:14 PM
listening to darling and hernandez makes me we want to cut myself with sharp objects. 

It was interesting, though, to hear them talk about the Mets' choking of last year (and gag reflex this year) for nearly the entire 8th inning.

i think both of them are excellent...especially darling...which is funny because i thought darling was basically unlistenable when he announced for the nationals...he literally improved 1000 fold over one winter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

BigEd76

Quote from: Rome on March 30, 2008, 09:39:44 AMI got 91-71 and a wild card birth.  And I also think the Mets are going to fold like a motherfarger again.

reese125

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 30, 2008, 04:12:38 PM
This team is about two injuries away from a major pitching disaster.

86 wins.  Possible wild-card, but probably not.

Well, I was right that they probably won't win the wild-card.

phattymatty

Seabiscuit36

Saturdays game moved up to 3:55pm by Fox, and the weather forecast is a rainout.  I'll be going to this, my brother in law is going to the Flyers game at the spectrum and then to this, i hate him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

pretty amazing joe kerrigan interview on wip right now

bill conlin wrote a story a couple weeks ago how gavin floyd would look great in the rotation right now...in the piece he reported that the phils front office blamed joe kerrigan for it

so kerrigan is on now saying how he emailed bill conlin and asked who it was attributed to...so conlin forwards an email he recieved from ruben amaro where amaro in the email in response to the floyd fiasco says one person and one person only is to blame and i quote "joe farging kerrigan"...

kerrigan then goes on to talk about how he had gavin floyd for exactly four starts...and talks about how he emailed amaro to tell him he didnt appreciate using that kind of language in front of his family name...

pretty interesting stuff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 23, 2008, 04:37:39 PM
pretty amazing joe kerrigan interview on wip right now

bill conlin wrote a story a couple weeks ago how gavin floyd would look great in the rotation right now...in the piece he reported that the phils front office blamed joe kerrigan for it

so kerrigan is on now saying how he emailed bill conlin and asked who it was attributed to...so conlin forwards an email he recieved from ruben amaro where amaro in the email in response to the floyd fiasco says one person and one person only is to blame and i quote "joe farging kerrigan"...

kerrigan then goes on to talk about how he had gavin floyd for exactly four starts...and talks about how he emailed amaro to tell him he didnt appreciate using that kind of language in front of his family name...

pretty interesting stuff

Wow. And my hatred for Amaro continues to grow.

Olney had a chat today where he said a few times, hinted actually, that Cashman would be the Phils next GM if he doesn't re-sign with NY.