2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

lets play more season ticket waiting list games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'll bet Charlie Manuel spent at least one inning after his ejection on the crapper.

DH

I had breakfast in NYC this morning at what I am going to assume was the Phillies hotel because I sat next to Charlie and his gross wifey, then saw Lidge and Jenkins walk in as I left.

I told Charlie he broke my heart last night but all I got was an inaudible grunt.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Die-Hard on July 23, 2008, 12:21:05 PM
I had breakfast in NYC this morning at what I am going to assume was the Phillies hotel because I sat next to Charlie and his gross wifey, then saw Lidge and Jenkins walk in as I left.

I told Charlie he broke my heart last night but all I got was an inaudible grunt.

An inaudible grunt is better than your Manuel...taking absolutely zero blame for his ridiculous call to the BP last night.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 23, 2008, 12:33:53 PM
Quote from: Die-Hard on July 23, 2008, 12:21:05 PM

An inaudible grunt is better than your Manuel...taking absolutely zero blame for his ridiculous call to the BP last night.  :yay

Good one!  ;D :yay

reese125

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Phillies have entered the discussions to trade for corner outfielder Xavier Nady and reliver Damaso Marte.

Nady would likely play right field for the Phillies on an every day basis.  Nady is hitting .328 with 12 homers and 56 RBI.  This would be a welcomed addition for Charlie Manuel who speaks often of 'hitting season' and could use another strong bad from the right side.  This would strengthen the bench by having Jayson Werth and Geoff Jenkins on the bench.

Marte could be the lefty reliever Pat Gillick is seeking.  This year, Marte is 4-0 with a 3.55 ERA.  He would join JC Romero as the only southpaws in the bullpen.  Marte won a World Series in 2005 when he was with the Chicago White Sox which adds critical experience in the postseason.

UPDATED (4:13 pm)

Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports confirms the Phillies' interest in Nady.

SD_Eagle5

I'd take Nady and Marte but wouldn't give up Carrasco or Marson in any deal to get them.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 23, 2008, 04:44:48 PM
I'd take Nady and Marte but wouldn't give up Carrasco or Marson in any deal to get them.

lol

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 23, 2008, 04:44:48 PM

Really? Why?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Nady is having an okay season but overall he's an average outfielder and doesn't hit for much power. Don't really see how he's much of an upgrade of what's already out there.
Marte would be help in the BP l but I wouldn't give up a possible starting pitcher or starting catcher for him.