2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

After Rollins popped up to start the game......

Victorino Single
Utley Single
Howard Double (Victorino scores)
Burrell Int Walk (bases loaded)
Jenkins sharp hit down 1st baseline, out at first (Utley scored)
Dobbs fly to center.

Took Campillo 28 pitches to get out of the inning.  Good at bats and good contact by everyone except Jimmy who tried to hit one out.  Jenkins got robbed by Tiexeira. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Eaton comes out and gets 2 quick outs and then gives up a double to Escobar and a HR to Tiexeira.  :boom

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 08, 2008, 01:54:21 PM
Took Campillo 28 pitches to get out of the inning. 

So Coste leads off the inning by swinging at the first pitch and hits a lazy fly to left.  Phils go down in order and it took less than 10 pitches to do so. 

Awesome. 

Sgt PSN

chokedog has 3 doubles and 4 rbi today.  big hit in the top of the 9th to give the phils some breathing room. 

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

6-3 final.  Lidge has an easy 9th.  Eaton pitched innings and got a nd.....he was ok today.  Good enough to keep the Braves from getting a lead but bad enough to not be able to protect 2 seperate leads.  

BigEd76

Braves fall to 6.5 games out.  Mets can tie them for 3rd with a win in San Diego.  Florida stays 3.5 back but has to face Volquez tomorrow night...

Wingspan

This team is head and shoulders better than last years team. Top to bottom they are just all around improved.

They are methodically beating teams rather than pushing though with emotion.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

About as good as you can hope for from Eaton. He is frustrating to watch though. His control was off and he always seems to give up hits to pitchers.

Good to see Howard doin his thing today.

Mr Rollins is slumping and needs to get it going. The fact that this team is doing what they are doing without Howards bat for most of the year, without Rollins hitting well due to slump and injury is pretty good. Just goes to show; its all about the pitching and timely hitting. I was shocked to see the Phils are leading the league in average with RISP. Thats a foreign place for them to be.

MDS

Another solid effort from Eaton. Kept them in the game and gave them a chance to win. He farging sucks, right.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 08, 2008, 04:54:20 PM
I was shocked to see the Phils are leading the league in average with RISP. Thats a foreign place for them to be.

Along with the bullpen leading the league in ERA and the Phillies flat out leading the division.  

Geowhizzer

After the first and beginning of the second inning, I thought Eaton didn't have a prayer of lasting five innings.  He fought through it and made it.  Again, about what can be expected from the 5th starter.

PoopyfaceMcGee

This team is playing like they don't call Philly home.