2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

In Hamels last 8 losses the bums have scored 14 runs for a whopping 1.75 avg. per game.

ice grillin you

last 8 losses is the key word...a lot of those losses is because cole gets out pitched...he seems to always find a way to give up a homer late in his losses where the other pitcher doesnt...when youre the ace youre invariably going to face the other teams best pitchers quite a bit and you have to out pitch a guy sometimes...he doesnt seem to have the toughness to do that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

a no-name .230 hitter just hit a 2-run HR off Guillermo Mota....5-4 Pirates

PhillyPhreak54

What a boring game.

No runs for King.

But they should have won 2-1. Take away the HR given up to the HR KING Casey Kotchmann and the thrown away pick off.

Colbert needs to pull his head out. Be a stud.

BigEd76

wtf....2-out RBI double by Jason f'ing Kendall

and the Brewers win it on a 2-run walkoff by Prince

MDS

cole with just enough. gave 1 run away on an error, another on a bomb. sure the offense shtein the bed, but the "ace" should be better than that.

still they should win these next 4 and you have to figure those choking dogs are gonna do their thing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 23, 2008, 10:57:58 PM
and the Brewers win it on a 2-run walkoff by Prince

what on earth were they doing pitching to prince once the count got to 3-1....at the very least dont give him something to hit...throw something off speed for god farging sakes...

thats why youre the cork sucking pittsburgh pirates
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

If Lidge didn't pitch in that one game on July 25th, when he came in with the Phils trailing 1-0 and ended up giving up 5 runs, his ERA would be 1.21 on the year instead of 1.87.  Crazy.

PhillyGirl

Breaking news at CBP...3 suspicious packages being detonated that were at the ballpark.

game still on for now....until they know more.

Found on the 1st base side of the ballpark.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Should have detonated Myers along with it.  Looks like he's back to his early season sucky self.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome