2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

that must have been devastating, that seems to be the site with all the great info
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

nah he constantly made fun of some guy who cant spell yet posts a cagillion times a day and wants burrell's jock more than i do.  that is incredibly accurate try to imagine that.

at least thats what i think happened.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

ice grillin you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

mpmcgraw

Wingspan

I said weeks ago that i misjudged Lidge...but forwhatever reason he can not throw his fastball this season.

That said, he's back to being able to control his slider both in the dirt and in the strike zone. The part I did not factor in with lidge originally was how smart of a pitcher he was.

He knows his velocity is not as good as it once was, but has found a way to be effective without it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

haha...so you were right on about everthing but his mental make up which is the only reason he can get anyone out

lol

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2008, 11:05:23 PM
haha...so you were right on about everthing but his mental make up which is the only reason he can get anyone out

lol

I was concerned about his injuries and his loss of his fastball from the very beginning.

Both of those things are still very valid concerns...as you said about 5 posts up yourself.

What i did not know, and what i was wrong about was how good his slider was and how he basically made it two pitches.

so yeah...lol i guess.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

youre not a closer if you dont have a dominant out pitch...lidges was is and will always be a slider....the fact that you overlooked his bread and butter is alarming