2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

What is Myers' deal?  He's not this farging bad.  I don't know if he hurt his thowing arm punching his old lady or what, but he needs to get his ish together real farging quick because it's a farging disgrace when you are easily the weak link on a pitching staff that has a 2nd year player in Kendrick, a 45 yr old Moyer and Adam Eaton. 

ice grillin you

people either completely overrate myers or have a bad case of revisionist history...the guy was never a very good pitcher....he had a couple nice years when he won 11 and 13 games i think...hes always been a #3 type guy with the hope hed one day be a solid #2...true hes having his worst year of his career thus far but is it really that big of a suprise...its not like hes had some dontrelle willis type of fall off...

he is what he is...a mental midget wife beating pitcher that has decent stuff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

btw albert pujols came up lame last night

adam wainwright just went on the dl

todd wellmeyer has a hurt elbow (but supposedly will start sat against the phils)

MDS

myers is pitching about the same as adam eaton did last year. i was never buying "he's an ace" spin the phils were putting out, but surely hes gotta be better than this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

guaranteed king pitches an absolute gem tonight wanting to prove a point to the marlins after getting battered by them couple weeks ago....not to mention the fact that the marlins are currently the phils chief competition in the division

i think hes gonna be breathing fire tonight....ill be extremely disappointed if he isnt

4-1 phils tonight

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on June 11, 2008, 11:25:24 AM
i was never buying "he's an ace" spin the phils were putting out, but surely hes gotta be better than this.

That's what I was getting at.  Myers is/should be a solid third starter and he's clearly not pitching like one. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 10, 2008, 11:05:45 PM
What is Myers' deal?  He's not this farging bad.  I don't know if he hurt his thowing arm punching his old lady or what, but he needs to get his ish together real farging quick because it's a farging disgrace when you are easily the weak link on a pitching staff that has a 2nd year player in Kendrick, a 45 yr old Moyer and Adam Eaton. 

With that I have visions of this:
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhanInDC

I never had any thought than Myers was going to be dominant this year, but I did expect him to be about average. I really think he's got it in his head that he can just overpower hitters and rack up the K's. I remember though when he closed, his 12-6 curve was money when he was closing, I haven't seen it once look like last year yet that I can think of.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

marlins offense didnt either...in the end miller got it done and cole didnt...five homers in his last two games against florida isnt gonna get it done...

that being said if  phils make the playoffs their offense has to be a concern when it goes against good pitching just about every night

PhillyPhanInDC

Jesus Christ. Carlos Ruiz sucks my farging balls. Has he grounded into a double play at every at bat tonight? Hack.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

he really is horrendous and shouldnt be in the majors

ice grillin you

Don Ho

loaded up. 2 out....................and we pray, and pray and pray and pray
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.