Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yep once again we have MLB tripping over their dicks.

No team should be off tomorrow.

Good win tonight.

Don Ho

Great win last night.  shtein, you could feel the energy at the park through the TV in the late innings.  Been a loooooooong time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Gonna be honest I never knew that all teams didn't play on 4th of July
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 04, 2022, 02:55:22 PM

Only speaks to the Phils, but...

https://twitter.com/CSeidmanNBCS/status/1543735879730167810

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 04, 2022, 02:55:22 PM

they do 99% of the time since july 4th is generally not a monday, which is the most common off day. the angels also arent playing, maybe another 2 teams.

its very silly that they could adjust the schedule to ensure all teams played today (and memorial day, which also was an off day). its really easy to write it into the scheduling code. take tuesday off and play the same team weds/thus if you have to.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm off tomorrow so we were going to a beach bar later to watch the fireworks.  Thought the Phils were on so it would have worked out perfectly.  Nope.  Phreak is right about them farging this up.  So stupid.

Oh well.  Drinks are flowing now anyway.  Cheers ladies.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 04, 2022, 01:24:06 PM
https://twitter.com/Phillies_Muse/status/1543755623543803909

Junior and I have this conversation at least three times a week.  How is this guy even batting over .200?   Last big hit?  Someone?  Anyone?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

It's the Nats but still good win

Geowhizzer

Got as much or more out of Sanchez as they could hope for...

https://twitter.com/MattGelb/status/1544486835140829185

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah he threw well. Something hopefully to build on

MDS

uhhhh no he didnt

he didnt miss bats and there was a ton of hard contact. behind in a ton of counts. hard stuff happened to go at gloves. he was aided by facing just an abysmal lineup from havas' most favorite team. i think hes pitching sunday in st lou and its not gonna go well.

but hes the perfect person to throw 5 against a bad team and my god the nationals are bad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

And there's no joy in lilguyville.

Maybe he gets smoked. Or maybe he turns into something. Even if a junk balling lefty. Because we know they need some arms to develop.

MDS

hes a replacement level arm...theres nothing to develop. hes a fill-in starter/long man who will lose his value when he runs out of options. if these are his 2 starts, they go 1-1 in them and thats a very good result.

just wait until you see who starts on tuesday in toronto when 95% of the team is on the restricted list lolol

PhillyPhreak54

Can't wait to see Sean O' Sullivan and Dustin McGowan up in the SkyDome!