Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i just cant believe, that even this franchise, wouldnt move up to 2 unless they knew who was there

they cant say anything until the rams make it official, but come on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Look test fail.

College competition level fail.

Diomedes

I too would have traded.  But down.  For more players.  Not this.

Boo.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

They were probably going to be bad for a couple of years. Now they will probably be worse, for longer. At least this trajectory gives them some nonzero chance to score a legit franchise QB for a long time. If Wentz isn't the guy they'll be in position to take the top QB in 2018.

The move doesn't make much sense to me. The Browns decided they were better off with RGIII than whoever they could draft in this spot. Yet the Eagles see the pick projecting as better than Sam Bradford. You can go far by making decisions opposite to everything the Browns do, but this is ridiculous. Reeks of a GM and coach who sense they are short timers if they don't succeed quickly off a desperation move.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't buy into the Browns rejected one of these guys. With their new regime there they need picks and youth. Their roster is the worst in the league and it needs as many new players as it can get

QB Eagles

The Browns haven't had a legit QB since Bernie Kosar. You think they'd pass on someone they think could be the guy? They've drafted a bunch of young studs at other positions over the last decade or so, but they tend to bail for a better team in free agency because the QB problem remains unsolved.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 21, 2016, 12:08:08 AM
The Browns haven't had a legit QB since Bernie Kosar. You think they'd pass on someone they think could be the guy? They've drafted a bunch of young studs at other positions over the last decade or so, but they tend to bail for a better team in free agency because the QB problem remains unsolved.

j would sever a limb before he gave the browns a chance to be smarter than his beloved eagles

that being said I don't think anyone knows what this new browns regime is all about...its vorpy and been there for 15 minutes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

After sleeping on this deal, farg it, I'm all in. Bradford isn't leading the Eagles to a SB. We've been spinning our wheels looking for a steady QB since Mcnabb left. I've watched/read/listened to as much as possible (both negative and positive) on Wentz enough to think the guy could be a top 10 QB. He's smart, big, fast, has a big arm, has intangibles, he's a perfect QB specimen. I'd be more worried about the jump from 1AA to the NFL if he was getting thrown into the fire. He gets to sit and learn for a season, which will be huge. If the guy turns into a top 10 QB the picks they gave up are irrelevant. You aren't winning a SB without a stud QB. Sure a team like the Broncos comes along with a dominant D every now and again, but that's not the norm.

So again, farg it, I'm 100% in.

Rome

The Browns wanted Goff. When they realized he was going to LA they simply booted the pick.  If Wentz turns out to be a franchise QBthis deal will look like small potatoes in retrospect.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2016, 12:27:19 AM
Quote from: QB Eagles on April 21, 2016, 12:08:08 AM

j would sever a limb before he gave the browns a chance to be smarter than his beloved eagles

that being said I don't think anyone knows what this new browns regime is all about...its vorpy and been there for 15 minutes

Yeah - because I am all in on this trade and never rip your boy Howie or anything

phattymatty

Whatever, I'm kind of cool with this. I don't mind Bradford but he's boring. Whether this dude becomes and all-pro or a total bust it will be more interesting to watch. In.

Butchers Bill

I just spent 10-15 minutes watching "highlights" of this guy on youtube.

I am obviously not a scout, but have watched football at every level for 35 years.

From what I observe, as a fan of the game, this guy is not an NFL QB.  He simply doesn't make good throws and excelled against mediocre competition.  Many of his "highlight" throws will be INTs at the next level, and forget about him running...ssslllloooowww.

I am officially off the Wentz bandwagon...if there is one.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.