Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

no shot he can give back money...he can re work the deal to help the cap hit but the damage is done there

all he can do is basically refuse to play for the eagles. come out like a man and say im done trade me and if you dont im not showing up, feel free to fine me to the cows come home. otherwise hes qb1 in 2021
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on January 03, 2021, 01:43:37 PM
He got his bonus

well yeah...and thats what hed have to give part of back to make a trade work...hes obviously not going to do it but if he truly wants to be traded that would be the quickest way to make it happen...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yep that'll be the tell how bad the little shtein wants out. Don't want to give up money? Then shut the farg up, grab your nuts and compete for the job. Softbatch bum

General_Failure

I really hope the whole Wentz saga is the catalyst for the end of stupid huge quarterback contracts.

QB Eagles

By all means deal Wentz if you can, but I don't think you can. Howie will need some kind of Passover miracle.

So my guess is not only will he be back, he will be the presumptive starter unless he is obviously broken in training camp. The team has so many things working against them next season that they might as well run it back. If by some insane miracle Doug and Wentz get their shtein straight and pull a productive season out of their asses, the crisis is averted. More realistically the season is used to turn around the team financially, land a sweet draft pick for 2022, and set things up to start the rebuild under a new coach in 2022. Give Hurts some run over the second half of the season again and see if there's any justification to build around him or whether they're back in the QB market in 2022 or 2023.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

And while I'm massively annoyed at his demeanor and attitude I don't think he's totally broken. The anchor of a contract means he's here. Unless Howie says farg it and knows the cap is farged so he just eats it anyways.

Fix the OL aka get healthy
Add another top WR via draft and some other playmakers

Rome

Now we know what AO1 really means.   Little funhole.

Diomedes

I'd have some sympathy for this dude if his play wasn't so individually awful.  Injuries, lack of talented support, pedestrian play calling... All these were evident and good reason for his 2020 to be poorly affected . But he was awful in addition to these things, he was bad in his own right.  If he doesn't see that.. farg him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 03, 2021, 06:53:20 PM
I'd have some sympathy for this dude if his play wasn't so individually awful.  Injuries, lack of talented support, pedestrian play calling... All these were evident and good reason for his 2020 to be poorly affected . But he was awful in addition to these things, he was bad in his own right.  If he doesn't see that.. farg him.

All of this. Probably wouldn't look as bad if Hurts didn't come in and show pocket awareness and the ability to scan the field and somewhat read a defense and make progressions. I can't stand Hurts throwing mechanics but his accuracy and velocity are better than I thought they'd be.

General_Failure

It's a nonzero chance that Wentz never plays a meaningful game of football again. An even larger chance that he never plays well again.

Eagaholic

I don't know how you can knock wentz. He was correctly predicting an audience of 1 long before covid ever hit, and that's about how many were in the stands.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

All of that goes back to Lurie, of course. 

All these years I've disdained Snyder et al., and ignored the fact that the Eagles owner, though not a racist bully, is a hapless leaders of a dysfunctional operation.

Howie needs to go but so does Lurie. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

He needs to go back to promoting matinees, reclining seats, buttered popcorn and jujyfruits.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.