Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Anyone who's ever been in a locker room understands that dynamic.  Foles is just more comfortable in his own skin.  You can't fake that.   I'm not saying Wentz is a bad guy or anything.  I wouldn't have the foggiest clue.  But from an outsider's perspective, it sure seems like he's way more comfortable around his Jesus loving buddies than he is anyone else whereas Foles is cool with everyone.  That goes a long way.

Also - I remember reading something a few years ago about the clique aspect of the rollers on the team that really bothered me.  It was probably about Wentz, Ertz & Matthews but I can't remember.

Anyway, that sort of "everyone is welcome but not really" thing is farging poisonous to team building.  Just my impression and opinion but in my years in management, that's been my experience anyway. 

Diomedes

All I remember about the locker room was stupid brutes ruled that space and it was toxic as farg if you weren't one of them.

I chose drugs and social rejects  over sports and popular jocks and it was 100% the right call.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on February 22, 2021, 08:22:54 PM
What I'm getting at is it seems to me Carson does the well fed white missionary Christian thing and Foles does the meet with parishioners Christian thing.

yeah this about sums it up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

OT Jason Peters on the move from Carson Wentz to Jalen Hurts: "Carson is a great player. Philadelphia is a hard city to play for. You have to bring it every year, otherwise they'll eat you up."

Brandon Graham on Carson Wentz: "Philly is a tough market and tough place to play in, and so when things weren't going right, I know it was . . . probably tough on him and his family to have to live through that."

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the thing about it is carson's mentions are going to be a dumpster fire in indy if he sucks too

im pretty sure he never listened to WIP or read marcus hayes' inqy column. its not like he went walking down 13th st on a friday night and had drunk idiots telling him he sucked. the zoom sessions with the beats were uneventful. him catching feelings were 100% him doom scrolling on ig and twitter.

but more than anything he played like crap, got benched and his ginger ego was bruised to the point where he wanted to run home to daddy frankie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

And they call *us* snowflakes.  JFC.

General_Failure

I'm sure he'll flourish in the shadows of Andrew Luck's broken potential and Peyton Manning.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

That's what happens when you grow up in North Dakota.

General_Failure

MDS

lol this little bitch

QuoteWentz said the Green Bay game was the moment he "realized this might not be it" in Philly.

and then he refused to admit he wanted to be traded
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Biggest Hoyda in Philly sports history.

General_Failure

There's no doubt in my mind he'd still be gone right now even if he had played in and won that super bowl. I think I'm gonna spend some stimulus money on a Foles jersey.

Also a Mike Vick jersey for my dog, because she hates going out in the snow and rain.

QB Eagles

He's wearing No. 2 with the Colts. Matches his quality of play last year.

PhillyPhreak54

Haha I thought the same when I saw the jersey pic

Rome