Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Comcast and Hallmark have decided to start pulling campaign funding for politicians who are keeping this bullshtein going, with Hallmark asking for their money back.

Twitter shut down 70,000 QAnon accounts, which helps explain why some Republicans were complaining about their follower counts dropping. Now they're complaining that Twitter hasn't shut down those violent antifa accounts.

To the surprise of no one, Chuck Norris was taking selfies with the terrorists in DC.

Meanwhile, Uganda is about to have an election and they've got tanks rolling down the streets.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution."

- Liz Cheney

So, maybe attacking Liz wasn't the right move, huh Donny?

PhillyPhreak54

Hopefully more R's stand up and do the right thing.

PhillyPhreak54

Metal detectors were installed in the Capitol that congress must walk through to get to the chamber

I'll give you guys one guess as to which party is pitching a fit.

That lady from Colorado Lauren Boebert who brags about guns and tweeted Pelosi's locations during the riot refused to let her bag be searched after setting off the metal detector.

Some congressmen were yelling at the Capitol police and Louie Gohmert walked around them saying they couldn't stop him.

Unreal.

PhillyPhreak54

Allegations coming out tonight that some congressmen gave guided tours the day before that was reconnaissance tours for the rioters for the next day

Geowhizzer

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

lol

"If you're willing to damage and endanger over your ambition, your soul is dipped in dogsh*t."

https://uproxx.com/viral/john-fetterman-slams-josh-hawley-gop/
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Trumpers still think he has some master plan to either use the military for a hostile takeover or has something on the Dems to expose some corruption...like why wouldn't he have used it prior to the election. Another camp is already planting the "whatever violence is coming it's Antifa in MAGA disguise" schtick. Seems like the fbi is on this shtein but there's way too many militias to monitor. There's going to be violence this time with real weapons. Best thing to happen would be the ng taking them out.

PhillyPhreak54

In addition to the congresswoman who saw the tours being conducted on 05 Jan - a staffer has come out this morning and said the panic buttons in their office were removed.

This is getting weird.

SD

I know she's an R but I'd take Nancy Mace to #town

Diomedes

Quote from: Diomedes on January 13, 2021, 07:27:55 AM
this dude is right

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/12/once-trump-leaves-office-senate-cant-hold-an-impeachment-trial/

Or maybe not.

A friend points out there's no sense in having an impeachment clause that states "...and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States," if the impeached figure can just leave office prior to a Senate conviction and thereby avoid penalty.  Says my friend, it would be a lot like, having stolen something, a person could escape any punishment for the crime, by returning what was stolen prior to conviction for the theft.

Now I'm less sure that the Senate can't try and convict....

But I very sure the Republican Senators will not convict Herr Trump no matter what, so even if you can try him after he vacates office, the effort to do so is doomed to fail, and in the time it takes to litigate that process, the nation will be constantly bombarded by Republican complaint that the Democrats are purusing a vindictive campaign to close the barn door after the horse is out....an argument that will be pretty compelling to a population that dearly needs government energy and attention directed to dealing with economic and public health emergencies...

what a farging mess
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

This is not a fun time to be teaching social studies.

On a totally unrelated note, watching C-SPAN feeds of the House of Representatives is mind-numbing.  I could never do that for a living.

GeneralZOD

IMPEACHMENT...

Damn - ain't getting my hopes up, need 67 total Senators to impeach... assuming all 50 Dems/Ind vote to impeach, 17 Repubs still needed to vote to impeach too.

So far, there are only 5 repubs who would more than likely vote to impeach

Sasse NE / Murkowski AK / Toomey PA / Romney UT / McConnell KY

The rest of these repub senators on this list are only a slight chance they'll ever vote to impeach...

Graham SC
Inhofe OK
Collins ME
Thune SD
Cramer ND
Scott FL
Scott SC
Cornyn TX
Alexander TN
Portman OH
Shelby AL
Grassley IA
Rubio FL

All other Repub senators are glued to trump's backside.

Mitch McConnell got his work cut out for him if he wants to sway 12 more in his party to impeach...
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

General_Failure

Don't ever count on Florida votes when it comes to doing the right thing.

The man. The myth. The legend.