Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

solid week for the team...

78 year old named 5th starter
fatty gonna be dl'ed (btw how did they even find his olbique?)
lights out for good
halladay gets hammered for the 2nd time in a row

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

i do have some worries. the bullpen of course but we had those questions last year too right ? i think they'll find a way to get enough out of the releivers to get the team by. you do hope this blanton things doesn't linger. i'm not exactly comfy with the pitching depth if he ends up missing signifigant time during the season.

i think the whole division is going to get better, yes including the mets & nationals. the braves are going to be the team keeping close pace with the phils and very well win the division or a wild card spot. be nice to have a rematch with them in the nlcs.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2010, 06:57:03 PM
despite people drooling all over him this spring i have seen nothing to indicate nicole will be back

I could care less about his numbers, his velocity is back up and he is hitting his spots, I have no reason to think he won't be fine.

Quotebullpen is a complete train wreck

yes, but at least this year they have closing options

Quotethe odds scream that happ is going to have a rough year

link?

Quotei wanna see how choke comes back after that shipwreck world series

he wouldn't be the slugger he is if he didn't have a short memory.  no reason to think he won't go .270, 45 HR, 135 RBI

Quotei still think they are the favorites but dont sleep on the braves as they could def win it...and i love them in my +3 bet with the lil guy

mets will be much better (couldnt be worse) that alone cuts into the phillies win totals

the braves should be better, but they have been supposed to be better the past two years and haven't done shtein.  their lineup isn't off the wall good. 

and the mets, they should be better to an extent because you can't be worse, but what about their pitching makes you think they can do anything to challenge the phillies?  it should also be pointed out that they held their own against the phillies last year, it's not like they got run over and the phillies' win total was bloated because of it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

happ is going to struggle because (a) he isnt that good to begin with (b) his numbers last year say he wont be lucky again....he led the league in hit balls that were caught and getting people out behind in the count or some geek stats like that...normally i dont agree with the billy beane type stuff but that is telling because it just doesnt happen two years in a row to guys...i just dont see how happ is even close to as good as last year in terms of his winning %

mets arent going to challenge the phillies but the point is the phils went 27-9 last year against the bottom dwellers...this year lets say they go 23-13...still great but less wins for the team

charlie

So normally you don't agree with stats unless they illustrate the exact point you're trying to make?  :yay

ice grillin you

well in sports you form an opinion off what you see both in the games and in the numbers...generally i go with what i see not what i read...and i see happ with weak ass stuff...COMBINE that with those numbers and i think he could be in trouble

do i have to explain everything to you bill

ice grillin you

blanton out 3-6 weeks...kendrick to take his spot

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

what's with the Myers love?

his lifetime 4.40 ERA really does something for you?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on April 01, 2010, 12:06:15 PM
what's with the Myers love?

his lifetime 4.40 ERA really does something for you?

i never really understood it either....i mean when he first came up i was excited about him...i still remember his awesome debut at wrigley like it was yesterday but it didnt take to long to see what the guy was...plus hes a headache and if youre gonna be high maintenance you better be a really good player

SunMo

1183 IP, 1193 hits allowed, 1.357 WHIP

i can't believe they let this stud go

PhillyPhreak54

Would you rather have kendrick and Moyer in the rotation or Myers?

Would you rather have Myers filling in at closer?

Would you rather have Myers as an 7th/8th guy than Contreras?

If you say you're prefer the alternative you're batshtein crazy.

ice grillin you

the 5 spot in the rotation wasnt an option for him...moyer or a dirt cheap guy was going to be there no matter what...they werent going to put 13 million dollars towards that position

myers at closer...id rather have madson or baez...but really theres no obvious difference...certainly not worth paying myer 5 mil

myers or contreras...eh who cares

the point is myers is average at best...theres no reason to ever mention his name again...especially when they let go a cheap as shtein cy young award winner

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2010, 09:54:09 AM
blanton out 3-6 weeks...kendrick to take his spot

will turn into 6-8weeks.

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2010, 12:28:09 PM

the point is myers is average at best...theres no reason to ever mention his name again...especially when they let go a cheap as shtein cy young award winner

exactly, when it comes down to it hindsight on this bringing up myers over lee right now is crazy.