Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Well, when they're up against unhittable pitchers like Mike Foltynewicz (pre-game ERA 5.28), what can an offense do?

MDS

nola isnt an ace. hes a good pitcher but without an overpowering fastball he caps as a 2.

the braves are also better at every position than the phillies except for catcher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Know what else flies?

Baseballs when Phillies pitchers throw them.

Ballgame 7-1

farg off losers

Don Ho

I don't care if they're 3 games up or 3 games back or even 33 games up, I never want to see Pivetta on the mound again.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Hey!  They beat the Braves!

Hey!  Who cares?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Hey!  They lost to the Braves!

Hey!  Who cares?

SD

Keuchel is 5-0 with a 0.97 era his last 5 starts. Good idea not signing him

Rome

First of all, who's to say he would have pitched that way for the Phillies?  He probably would have ended up with a terminal hangnail.  Second, they weren't spending that sort of money on a #3 starter this season.  And that's what he would have been if Arrieta hadn't disintegrated like baby powder.   And finally, 28 other teams passed on him including the one he played for his entire career.  He's a lifetime .500 pitcher if you take 2015 out of the equation, so let's not act like they passed on Sandy Koufax.   

Good for the Braves that it worked out so far during the regular season.  We'll see how he does in October.

MDS

interesting take considering the phillies are running out smyly, velasquez, eflin and vargas 4/5 days

but kuechel for $14 million of not your money is def silly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 12, 2019, 09:04:06 AM
We'll see how he does in October.

lololol

isnt that kind of the point?

you know who will be seeing him in october.....the phillies....on TV
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Would you have signed with Atlanta or Philly?

Geowhizzer

Since he waited until nearly the All-Star Break, I would gather that the Phils could have had a legit chance of ponying up the cash more quickly.

Stupid money only goes so far these days, though...

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 12, 2019, 10:24:47 AM
Would you have signed with Atlanta or Philly?

what does that have to do with anything....i was laughing at you saying "lets see what he does in october AH HA!!"

meanwhile phillies will be sucking their own dicks in october

going into the season with the staff they had is way worse than what they did around the trade deadline but the in season pitching acquisitions have been pretty pathetic too

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I'm asking if you were Keuchel, would you have signed with the Braves or the Phillies?

Keuchel making comments like that are stupid because if he hadn't been such an icehole to begin with with his outlandish demands for a long term deal, he could have signed anywhere including Houston.

But yay.  He won 5 whole straight starts after being completely ordinary during his first 11.