Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

What is it about the 7th inning for Nola?  It's like a witch put a curse on it for him.

He was below 80 pitches entering the inning, too.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 14, 2019, 09:06:26 PM
He's a bum

He's definitely not a true ace - a stopper like Carlton/Schilling.  He's very good, but cannot seem to carry the team on his back.

How much is the modern-day analytics and shifts and stuff, I don't know.  But that 7th inning seems to be a consistent problem.

Don Ho

Nola's 6th/7th inning meltdowns are maddening.  He was lucky as shtein to get out of that 7th only giving up a run.  Still s solid performance BUT these bats!  #$%^&@$%^#&^!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I would have bet my house that Franco was going to swing at ball 4.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

You want Phil Gosselin up in this situation.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on September 14, 2019, 09:31:06 PM
I would have bet my house that Franco was going to swing at ball 4.

I was thinking the same thing.  Luckily Rodriguez choked off the ball on the pitch.

Don Ho

DAMN!  How did that not go out?  Only to Hoskins

Geowhizzer

Good teams win that game.  The Phillies are just not a good team.

(Yes, I know that everyone here knows this already.)

Don Ho

I'm reminded every other night how bad they really are.  .500

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 14, 2019, 09:06:26 PM
He's a bum

he gave up 1 run in 7 innings but he sucks and your offense is great
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Blah blah

Yeah the offense is as fault too. Feel better?

Nola is like most of the moneyball starting pitchers. Five innings and then watch him get lit.

MDS

thats not remotely accurate and doesnt make any sense

they lost last night because they couldnt score any runs. they arent making the playoffs because they dont score enough runs despite having enough talent AND because their pitching isnt good enough.

their pitching being not good enough doesnt have anything to do with aaron nola. asking him to be 2011 clayton kershaw is preposterous. he doesnt have that talent nor was he paid so. because he happens to be the best pitcher on the staff is not then a requirement to pitch a complete game shutout because "durr he's da ace."
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

China Doll Arrieta is paid like an ace and he farging sucks. 

If Nola can't go nine, it's definitely his fault.  I mean it's the fault of the organization for not training him to go nine but he gets "tired" an awful lot after 80 pitches.  That's what's preposterous, kiddo. 

And by any reasonable definition of the word, he's paid like an Ace too.