Vinny Curry, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 27, 2012, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on April 27, 2012, 09:10:01 PM
Look test fail. He's going to run way lopsided with all that ink on just the one arm.

number fail too

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on April 27, 2012, 09:07:47 PM
I love this pick.  This definitely gets them over the top to an A-.

C-

Eagaholic

So they got a guy that is a good pass rusher but not so good against the run and weak at the point of attack. He can spell Babin, maybe on passing downs. Cool.

SD

I would have preferred a CB but don't really hate this pick. He can line up at both end spots which is convenient. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/57816/eagles-trade-back-take-de-vinny-curry

So DRC, Curry + for Kolb. Seems fair.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 27, 2012, 09:24:18 PM
So they got a guy that is a good pass rusher but not so good against the run and weak at the point of attack. He can spell Babin. Cool.

wide nine is all about the line getting up the field and after the qb and the linebackers filling and making tackles

this offseason theyve added two get after the qb guys in cox and curry and two tackling linebackers in meek and kendricks

not saying its going to all pan out but its 100% true to the formula
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2012, 09:26:14 PM
I would have preferred a CB but don't really hate this pick. He can line up at both end spots which is convenient. 

if they can grab boykin at 88 this all of a sudden becomes an A draft

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: SD on April 27, 2012, 09:26:14 PM

if they can grab boykin at 88 this all of a sudden becomes an A draft

Isn't Hayward still in play? I'd take him over Boykin but either would be fine.

ice grillin you

he is but he cant play the slot

boykin is the best slot corner in the draft...problem is thats all he can do...that and his size is why i thought hed drop to the third...the question is does he make it to 88

General_Failure

I kinda hope the Eagles trade up just so I can stop listening. These guys are killing me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

mcshay and kiper are awesome on espn

nfln is painful

General_Failure

Incredibly painful.

Oh, there we go. ESPN has an audio only feed on their website.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on April 27, 2012, 09:24:18 PM
So they got a guy that is a good pass rusher but not so good against the run and weak at the point of attack. He can spell Babin. Cool.

wide nine is all about the line getting up the field and after the qb and the linebackers filling and making tackles

this offseason theyve added two get after the qb guys in cox and curry and two tackling linebackers in meek and kendricks

not saying its going to all pan out but its 100% true to the formula

That much is obvious, but you still need DEs that can stop the run since they are responsible for the edge, not the LBs, which is one reason why Cole is overall probably a top 3 4-3 DE.

I don't hate the pick but I would have rather seen 2 or 3 other needs addressed first, and if they go DE get a guy who can play the run to spell Babin or Cole on run downs. Especially now with Cox, they have enough fastballz.

ice grillin you

im not disagreeing with you but if thats what you want then you dont want them to run the wide nine....this deep into the draft you arent going to get an edge rusher who can also play the run....if they could clearly they and everyone else would take one...but when you run the wide nine you take the guy who can get to the qb best

agreed on killa...he can do it but its normally not going to happen where you can get a guy like him in the third round or deeper....which is why he is one of their best defensive picks of the last ten years

reese125

watching the videos on him hes about as medicore as they come

C-