2020/2021 Covid Games

Started by Rome, July 23, 2021, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The opening ceremony is on now.  It's, well... it's something.

rjs246

Is it a hobbit inspired fever dream?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

this skateboarder fell and his phone fell out of his pocket lololol

PhillyPhreak54

Was it the Peruvian kid who gave himself a full nut shot?

PhillyPhreak54

rjs246

What's a farging embarrassment. Losing the Evan goddamned Fournier. Shameful.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on July 25, 2021, 10:32:57 AM
What's a farging embarrassment. Losing the Evan goddamned Fournier. Shameful.

is it?

we as a country dont give a shtein about international basketball. we throw a team together at the last minute. the other countries have a set team that plays together a lot and most importantly really want to play for their country. its the pinnacle of their basketball careers. in america, it barely registers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the American players don't care.

QB Eagles

Pretty sure Comcast/NBC's billions are the only reason these games are even being played, so if half the USA athletes underperform and the other have to sit out because of Covid, it's just desserts.

rjs246

Oh right. Hello women's beach volleyball. I forgot all about you.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

I got peacock for a month just for the olympics thinking it would be some sort of on-demand where I could watch any event I wanted to - but other than the mens bball game yesterday morning, I have yet to see the option to watch anything live.  what a scam.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I don't know what is live and what is not. And watching on NBC in the evening is frustrating because they have so many damn commercials.

General_Failure

Quote from: phattymatty on July 26, 2021, 11:24:59 AM
I got peacock for a month just for the olympics thinking it would be some sort of on-demand where I could watch any event I wanted to - but other than the mens bball game yesterday morning, I have yet to see the option to watch anything live.  what a scam.

Peacock is easily the most half-baked streaming service anyone's tried to roll out. I get it for free with my internet and I still don't bother using it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

I have found this to be the best page for live shtein:  https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule

very organized.  if I had known about this I wouldn't have bothered with peacock.