Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

It beats out his blind loyalty to Banner days when they won zero super bowls instead of one, but I can't help but feel like there's still room for improvement.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Lurie's a horrible owner. Nothing new. Not even gonna bash him because I just wanted 1 sb before I died and it was glorious and happened under his watch.

Rome

NFL owners are genuinely awful people but at least ours does a few things in the community we can be proud of. 

Also - most Eagles fans are actually worse.  Present company excepted, naturally.

All that said, every owner involves himself in the day to day ops of his billion dollar business. The good ones pick great staffs and let them do the work.  The great ones find great staffs, build a consensus on how the franchise operates, and then allows for inspired changes as time goes on.

Lurie's blindness comes into play in his loyalty to long time employees, players, etc.  Roseman has destroyed the team twice now.  Anyone else would have been farging fired but I suppose Lurie is giving him another shot to fix what he broke. 

Nothing for us to do but sit back and hope they catch lightning in a bottle one last time before we all croak.   

General_Failure

There's always the option of waiting for Lurie to die and seeing if the next billionaire is any better. I can't imagine who that would even be. Bezos has his eyes on Washington.

ice grillin you

Now that the Snyder's have complete control of DC Bezos has no path.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Somewhat comforting to know that if Lurie hadn't blown the Arcega-Whiteside pick, the Eagles would have blown it on Parris Campbell anyway. I wonder if DK was even on their board.

MDS

i believe they had a 3rd or 4th rd grade on him because of medical

the same medical dudes who cant keep anyone on the field
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The FO is a circus. Idiots.

And yeah Sirianni is a total puppet

PhillyPhreak54

The more I think about the meddling the madder I get.

They win two tough games - GB and BUF - and they're grilling Doug on why he did not throw more? If I recall the BUF game was super windy.

No wonder why Andy never ran it. Throw it 63 times, regardless of outcome, and Lurie is happy.

Idiots.

MDS

lurie is both right and wrong in those instances

in those specific games the eagles were doing what they needed to to win. in the macro you win via a top 5 passing game. thats what he wants. when it doesnt materialize he wants to know why.

i dont blame him for constantly searching for the right organizational combo to get a high-level offense. and its good that he knows this is the goal. the problem would be 1) thinking he can identify talent and 2) micro managing and needling subordinates. this is never healthy or productive for any workplace.

but lets be real. they hired doug because they had no other options. they knew doug was an idiot. they treated him as such.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2021, 05:23:22 PM
i believe they had a 3rd or 4th rd grade on him because of medical

the same medical dudes who cant keep anyone on the field

If you think about it from their point of view, he was very likely to die under this medical staff.

PhillyPhreak54

Ah but Doug won.

He may be an idiot to an analytics person but he won bc those guys played for and respected him.

MDS

barry switzer and mike mccarthy won super bowls too

doug had his positives as a coach, certainly, but he was not the kind of innovative offensive mind you need. nor was he willing to cede offensive control to someone who is and become more of a ceo-type of coach, like harbaugh or tomlin. so you try again with little nicky boy

QB Eagles

He was hired to be a puppet for Howie and Lurie who buys the guys ice cream. As long as he played that role they were happy to have him there. Same thing with Sirianni btw. They don't want a Chip Kelly situation ever again.

I'm not even saying it's necessarily wrong; they won a Super Bowl doing it that way. But the result was every person from Lurie to Howie to Doug to Wentz came out of that season with an overinflated sense of self worth.

Eagaholic

Yeah, if there was one little downer when the Eagles won the SB it was during Lurie's 'speech' when he declared that playing in February is now the Eagle's new norm. It was a cringe worthy in what otherwise was the greatest moment in team history. I could never quite shake that little foreboding piece of hubris the football gods don't seem to like.