UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

yeah it would awesome to tailgate all day and then hit up an UFC event at the Wach center.   Only thing that sucks is that the tickets are pretty expensive from what i've seen listed previously.  As in, any seat that isnt the worst in the house is atleast $150.00. 

Seabiscuit36

Jeebus...Maybe just tailgate and go over to Mcfaddens
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

well,  Couture knocked Sylvia around the entire fight.    :yay  Apparently the next big set up could be Couture/Cro Cop. 

NGM

Quote from: MURP on March 06, 2007, 03:44:58 PM
well,  Couture knocked Sylvia around the entire fight.    :yay  Apparently the next big set up could be Couture/Cro Cop. 

I love The Natural, but that looks like a coma waiting to happen.  Cro Cop is not human.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

Yeah Couture is gonna have to get in close and stay away from those lethal kicks.   

MURP

Catch the UFC 68 videos while you can

Link to vids

MURP

Some cool news.  UFC 70 will be shown for free on SPIKE TV April 21st.   This is because the UFC thought they were going to have a deal in place with HBO to televise some of the shows.  So far there is no deal in place with HBO and the UFC did not set up a PPV event for #70.    So they decided to put it on SPIKE. 

The card is great on paper also.

UFC 70 Line-Up
-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
-Andrei Arlovski (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Fabricio Werdum (#8 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Ryoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin
-Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo
-Dennis Siver vs. Jess Liaudin
-Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
-Terry Etim vs. Matt Grice
-David Lee vs. TBA

Also the next Ultimate Fight Night Live is scheduled for April 5th.   Following that will be the premier episode of TUF season 5.   :yay

SunMo

that would be huge for them to get some fights on HBO, I hope it happens
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

me too.  Apparently there are some execs at HBO that are really against it because they think it will tarnish their boxing reputation.     They are stuck in the old days.  There is no reason that MMA and Boxing cannot co-exist on the same network.    I would watch a great boxing match as well as a UFC match.    Stupid suits.

SunMo

boxing in general has been terrible for a decade. 

they are worried about tarnishing their reputation, yet they put on the crap they put on Saturday?

gheys
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

It's On!

QuoteThe rematch between Chuck Liddell and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will happen on May 26 at UFC 71 in Las Vegas, Nevada according to Juanito Ibarra, who is Rampage's Manager and Trainer.

This is the Iceman's only unavenged loss of his career and he is watering at the mouth for this one to happen to bring closure for himself in his MMA career. Chuck has lost only three times and successfully avenged those two previous losses with Jeremy Horn and Randy "The Natural" Couture.

Liddell lost to Rampage Jackson on 11/09/2003 at PRIDE Final Conflict 2003 by TKO due to corner stoppage

NGM

When they say "bring closure to his MMA careet," does that mean he is looking to retire soon? 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

I havnt read about him retiring yet.  I read it more as that Rampage is the only guy left who he hasnt beat yet and he needs to get a victory over him to have beaten everyone who has challenged him at some point in his career. 

Drunkmasterflex

I hope he does "avenge" loss, Liddell is one of the few guys that I actually pull for. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell