Started by CSD, August 01, 2005, 12:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSD

Should be announced within the hour.

Bye bye HoF. Lied to congress too.

Mad-Lad

CSD

Palmeiro suspended for drug policy violation

Quote"Good morning, Mr. Chairman and members of the committee. My name is Rafael Palmeiro and I am a professional baseball player. I'll be brief in my remarks today. Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never. The reference to me in Mr. Canseco's book is absolutely false. I am against the use of steroids. I don't think athletes should use steroids and I don't think our kids should use them. That point of view is one, unfortunately, that is not shared by our former colleague, Jose Canseco. Mr. Canseco is an unashamed advocate for increased steroid use by all athletes."

PhillyGirl

Guess Big Mac wasn't so dumb for keeping his mouth shut, eh?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

CSD

PhillyGirl

However, by keeping his mouth shut, he avoids anything like this. Who looks like the bigger icehole, the guy who plead the 5th or the guy who outright lied?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

CSD

Big Mac looked like a bumbling idiot and lost the respect of everyone, even the fans of St Louis, which is almost impossible to do. He had nothing to lose since he was retired already.

Telling the truth would have made them both look better in the end.  ::)

Wingspan

maybe he changed his mind after the hearings?

something like "hey, ya know...maybe i'll try it this season..."

maguire looks like a bafoon all along.

i personally think they should let these dumbshteins do whatever they want to themselves. maybe people will stop idolizing them once they see how they die at 42 years old because they destroyed their insides using drugs and one day their heart explodes and break both legs because they sneezed. hitting 70 home runs a year wont seem to matter much when they die.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

You know I kind of like Raffy, but this is fargin hysterical.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

CSD

Quote from: Wingspan on August 01, 2005, 12:32:46 PM
maybe he changed his mind after the hearings?

something like "hey, ya know...maybe i'll try it this season..."

maguire looks like a bafoon all along.

i personally think they should let these dumbshteins do whatever they want to themselves. maybe people will stop idolizing them once they see how they die at 42 years old because they destroyed their insides using drugs and one day their heart explodes and break both legs because they sneezed. hitting 70 home runs a year wont seem to matter much when they die.

There are no health risks related to steroid use in adult males.

NGM

I guess they can't nail him for perjury.  It's shame I always thought he was a decent player.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: CSD on August 01, 2005, 12:36:18 PM

Um... sure, chief.

CSD

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 01, 2005, 12:39:47 PM
Quote from: CSD on August 01, 2005, 12:36:18 PM

Um... sure, chief.

There aren't. But like any other drug, abuse is another story.

Did you know that not one death in an adult male has been attributed to steroids....ever?

Diomedes

This is delicious.  I positively relish the fall of self-righteous, pious-seeming, lying hypocrites.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger