The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Im a big Em fan but I think this new twangy flow he has on almost every song is horrendous..

ice grillin you

eminem has been a trainwreck for the better part of a decade...and i doubt hes turned it around now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Magical_Retard

Quote from: reese125 on May 11, 2009, 08:15:14 AM
Im a big Em fan but I think this new twangy flow he has on almost every song is horrendous..

Actually that's what I thought too. Trust me I hated Encore. I know he has dropped off far below where he once used to be but this album is good. The Dre production is top notch and aside from 2-3 songs that weird accent is not there.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

ATV

Someone mentioned beatbox. This Beardyman is pretty incredible though. A savant....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XryzjprNqE&feature=related

Seabiscuit36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCzRei9-42s
Em's new cd drops officially tomorrow, i got it 2 weeks ago, Beautiful is a tight song. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125

ice grillin you

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 18, 2009, 09:33:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCzRei9-42s
Em's new cd drops officially tomorrow, i got it 2 weeks ago, Beautiful is a tight song. 

If most of the CD is up to that quality, it might be worth buying.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

its not.....its garbage

then again your taste in hip-hop borders on catastrophic so youll probably love it

rjs246

I'm curious about what 'catastrophic taste' entails.

For example, does the Earth explode if Munson proclaims a love of Insane Clown Posse? Now THAT would be catastrophic...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

hahahahah I forgot they were an actual rap group.
I remember them from WWF waaaaaaaaay back in the day.

IGY's just mad because Handlebars was rapped by a bunch of white people and you know how he feels about the whites.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Munson

Not about 40's, blunts, bitches and ho's, or how much money they have. Not usually.

ice grillin you

not at all....in 30+ years of hip-hop music you dont even need both hands to find the number of good white emcees

you need soul to rap and most white people simply dont have it

its why black music trumps white music on every possible level

Munson

If you're counting rock as black music, than I agree.

Rap barely ranks above country , death metal, Yanni on the "music that usually isn't any good" scale.

I'll take 4 guys playing an actual instrument and actually singing about things that actually effect most humans (you know, most of us that don't have a 40 million dollar bank account) over 98% of rap any day. Actual. Actually.