Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

pretty good start so far, with the exception of mo.  he missed part of spring training so maybe that has something to do with it ???...and the bosox have been hitting him pretty hard lately.  i know he's not what he used to be but i think he'll rebound & do a good job this season.
i'm impressed with the hitting thus far, even though sheff is starting slow.  matsui is on fire & i've even heard his name brought up in AL MVP conversations/predictions. :yay  the starting pitching has been decent too.
once all the early season red sox drama is over with, we'll be able to get a better idea of what kind of season is ahead.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

daigglesfaninva

I'm glad my adopted team is off to a great start as it warms the cackles of my heart.
Get your mojo here:
              korovamilkbar.invisionzone.com

mikey418

The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

hunt

we have rules around here, mikey.

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=14963.0

please follow them.

MDS

Why create a Yankees thread if only one person is going to follow them?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

Quote from: MDS on April 08, 2005, 03:37:55 PM
Why create a Yankees thread if only one person is going to follow them?

what are you talking about?  you're already the 3rd person to reply. :yay

if you don't like this topic, there's a simple solution....don't click on it.

hunt

QuoteUpdated: April 6, 2005, 6:14 PM ET
Yankees: CT scan produces normal results

NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter left the New York Yankees' game against the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday after he was hit in the helmet by a pitch and was taken to a hospital for a precautionary CT scan.

The Yankees announced that Jeter's CT scan came back normal, and he will be fine.

In the eighth inning of Boston's 7-3 victory, Mike Timlin's first pitch hit Jeter in the left shoulder and then deflected off his head, knocking Jeter's helmet off and sending him sprawling to the dirt.

"He heard some ringing in his ears. He felt a little woozy," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "Timlin wasn't trying to hit him. He was just trying to rush a little, and his ball was all over the place."

Jeter remained in the game to run the bases, but was replaced at shortstop by Rey Sanchez in the ninth inning.

"After you hit somebody in the head you are concerned about him," Timlin said. "I had a lot of movement today and that sailed."

Jeter was also hit on the left hand by Matt Clement's pitch Tuesday.

jeter should be okay after that beanball the other day...timlin showed concern so i'm fairly certain it was unintentional.  but they may want to throw one right between damon's eyes next week, just to be sure. ;)

hunt

PhillyPhreak54

What are your early thoughts on their pitching additions? I have a feeling he only guy who'll be a true stud for you all is the Unit. I thnk Wright might be a product of The Leo Mazzone Project and can only succeed under him (ala Millwood).

Will Pavano be OK?

hunt

my cable co. doesn't carry the yes network so i don't get to see as much of them as i'd like.  based on what i have seen, i agree with you about wright.  i never liked him & thought they would have been better off keeping leiber.  wright was crap up until last season.

pavano...i think he'll be solid...not great...but it's still way too early to know for sure.  it was clear that vazquez wasn't the answer so i'm happy to have pavano instead.
if giambi can catch some pop ups, it will cut down on line drives off pavano's head.  that would be a good start. :paranoid

still....unit/pavano/wright > leiber/vazquez/loaiza/el duque

Rome

Does MLB.TV carry them in your region or are they blacked out?

Even though I live nearly 300 miles from Miami, the Phils game was blacked out last night because technically, according to MLB, Daytona Beach is in the Miami suburbs.   :-D

Same goes for the Devil Rays (not that I give a shtein about them) even though I live 150 miles from Tampa.

:P

Geowhizzer

Quote from: jerome99RIP on April 12, 2005, 12:51:51 PM
Does MLB.TV carry them in your region or are they blacked out?

Even though I live nearly 300 miles from Miami, the Phils game was blacked out last night because technically, according to MLB, Daytona Beach is in the Miami suburbs.   :-D

Same goes for the Devil Rays (not that I give a shtein about them) even though I live 150 miles from Tampa.

:P

Same down here in Naples.  A case could be said (perhaps) about the Marlins.  We're about 100 miles from the Stadium, though there is that large swamp in between.

We're 180 miles from St. Pete, and those games are blacked out as well.

hunt

i'm not sure about mlb.tv...i never looked into it.  ???

anyway, it was nice to see giambi homer off that self promoting dope schilling last night...then the mildly retarded bosox fans cheered sarcastically when rivera entered the game, only to see him pitch a hitless ninth for the save. :yay
big unit goes tonight!

Rome

Yankees close to an agreement to build a new stadium in The Bronx...

QuotePosted on Sat, Apr. 16, 2005

Report: Yankees near deal for new stadium

Associated Press

NEW YORK - The New York Yankees are close to reaching an agreement with city and state governments to build a new stadium, the Daily News reported Saturday.

Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper reported that lawyers from the city, state and team are completing a "memorandum of understanding" and that an announcement is expected around May 1.

While government and team officials did not comment directly about plans or the pending agreement, the newspaper said they did confirm that they are in the final stages.

"We're working very closely with the city and the state and trying to finalize our current plan," Yankees president Randy Levine told the Daily News. "We expect to announce it in the near future, and we hope to break ground in 2006 and be ready to play in 2009."

The new stadium will be built just north of the existing facility in the Bronx, and is designed to seat 50,800. That's smaller than the current capacity of 57,478, but the new ballpark will have more luxury suites.

The newspaper, citing officials familiar with the plans, reported that the new stadium will be comprised of two separate structures: an exterior wall, designed to replicate the original Yankee Stadium built in 1923, and the interior stadium itself.

The stadium construction will cost approximately $800 million and will be fully paid for by the team. The city and state will spend $300 million to build a new commuter rail station, improve parking, and create parkland along the nearby waterfront.   :o

The new stadium will feature copper lattice work around its roof, much like the 1923 stadium. The new facility will also have expanded retail and concession areas.

hunt

great...there's nothing like a nice drive through the bronx.  :paranoid