Anyone had a crappy meal at a cheap joint lately?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 23, 2007, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: hunt on March 23, 2007, 01:28:15 PM...too good for anything that's popular.

all in all, this isn't a bad guideline when making choices.  does the mass market like this?  if yes, it's probably shtein.  you can occasionally go wrong, but given how stupid people are..and especially how stupid Americans are...avoiding what's popular will more often than not result in leaving you with better options.  it can't be followed strictly, but if something is very popular, it's a good bet that it farging sucks, is bad for you and other people, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Bufflalo Wild Wings wings suck, the beer and atmosphere is great but the food is meh.

I got takeout from Hibachi Express today.  I think the tuna roll was bad, it was grey and didnt have much color and definitely wasnt yellowtail. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Father Demon on March 23, 2007, 01:28:34 PM
I like 'em, but my wife hates them.

Good beer selection, and something like 20 sauces.  Good nachos too.  Phanatic and I go to one each Sunday during football season to watch the Eagles. 

Wife hates it because everything is served on paper instead of plates.  I guess she's just a little snoot sometimes.

Aren't you boycotting that place after a manager was talking ish to you about the Eagles?  Or something like that? 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 23, 2007, 01:56:51 PM
I got takeout from Hibachi Express today.  I think the tuna roll was bad, it was grey and didnt have much color and definitely wasnt yellowtail. 

Yuck.  We found this place to be low quality and quite overpriced as well.

Phanatic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 23, 2007, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: Father Demon on March 23, 2007, 01:28:34 PM
I like 'em, but my wife hates them.

Good beer selection, and something like 20 sauces.  Good nachos too.  Phanatic and I go to one each Sunday during football season to watch the Eagles. 

Wife hates it because everything is served on paper instead of plates.  I guess she's just a little snoot sometimes.

Aren't you boycotting that place after a manager was talking ish to you about the Eagles?  Or something like that? 

Not boycotting. Just making sure to be extra rowdy during games. Fat farg definitly eats too much of the product...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

hbionic

Olive garden is fine with me. I don't mind that its not 'authentic'. It's taste is consistently good. And frankly, I've found that there are shteintier authentic italian places than Olive Garden. Just because you use more tomato sauce, doesn't mean you're authentic.

Italian food, yummy in your tummy.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hbionic on March 23, 2007, 02:21:48 PM
Olive garden is fine with me. I don't mind that its not 'authentic'. It's taste is consistently good. And frankly, I've found that there are shteintier authentic italian places than Olive Garden. Just because you use more tomato sauce, doesn't mean you're authentic.

Italian food, yummy in your tummy.

I agree, for the most part, I don't eat there often but like Sun said it is what it is. I'm a wop so I know good Italian cuisine.

Ruby Tuesdays sucks ass, I'll never eat there again.

Had Chinese food the other night from some local joint, it was awful. I had a headache and the shteins for a week.

PoopyfaceMcGee

sounds like Uncle Chen's at PSU

One time my buddy found 7 distinct hairs - 3 different colors - in his food there.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 23, 2007, 02:31:24 PM
sounds like Uncle Chen's at PSU

One time my buddy found 7 distinct hairs - 3 different colors - in his food there.
If I find a hair in my food its over, even if its my own, I can't eat it.

I would write the name of the place but they were nice enough to deliver through a winter storm when the roads were really bad, so I'll cut them some slack.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let your Philly message board buddies suffer just because they delivered your colon-cleasing food in a storm?

Boo, I say.

hbionic

Olive Garden should branch out into all of the other cultural foods:

China Garden, Steak Garden, Burrito Garden.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 23, 2007, 02:27:35 PM
Had Chinese food the other night from some local joint, it was awful. I had a headache and the shteins for a week.

Any chance this was in King of Prussia?

we had chinese two weeks ago, and I swear it was drugged, i never felt so bad after eating chinese food before.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 23, 2007, 01:26:17 PM
Anybody every eaten at a Buffalo Wild Wings? I'd like to try it, but there isn't one in my area. I think the closest one is over an hour away.

buffalo wild wings have the best wings of anywhere.  they blow hooters and all those other places out of the water.  in fact, they're better than most non-chains too.

MURP

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on March 23, 2007, 02:40:29 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 23, 2007, 02:27:35 PM

Any chance this was in King of Prussia?

we had chinese two weeks ago, and I swear it was drugged, i never felt so bad after eating chinese food before.

Warminster, place was called Osaka (FF is right farg em for making me sick)