iPhone from Apple

Started by mussa, January 11, 2007, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Have your password ready.  And a gun.

hbionic

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 30, 2016, 08:46:47 AM
I've been putting off doing the update on my iphone 5 and ipad 2. Too many horror stories of bricked devices.

When I do decide to do the update, you can bet that I'll do it through itunes, with the device fully backed up and attached to the computer.

What do you mean by 'bricked devices'?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

a broken  phone that is useful only as a paperweight, or a projectile..it's just a small brick
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i just ordered the SE through work today. apparently it's just as fast as the 6s but they went back to size and screen of the 5, which was the perfect size. i've only had the 6 for like a year but it's so big i hate it.

Rome

I test drove the Galaxy S7 Edge today.  Sorry but that phone blows away any iPhone that's ever been made.  I'm still using my 5S but I'm way out of contract and can get whatever I want now.  Apple better step it the farg up with the 7.

Susquehanna Birder

Finally pulled the trigger and updated my iphone 5. Of course, since I had the time, I updated my itunes software, tethered the phone, and backed it up before I started the update. The process took a while, but it looks like everything is working like it's supposed to.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on March 31, 2016, 07:54:08 PM
I test drove the Galaxy S7 Edge today.  Sorry but that phone blows away any iPhone that's ever been made.  I'm still using my 5S but I'm way out of contract and can get whatever I want now.  Apple better step it the farg up with the 7.

Quote from: Rome on September 12, 2014, 03:35:23 PM
There's everything else and then there's Apple.
Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2014, 06:50:23 AM
switching to a samsung?  you farging iphone traitor.

diaf

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 27, 2016, 10:01:32 AMI literally have nothing to do with myself these days, so yeah...

You weren't kidding.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

It's nice being semi-retired.

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 01, 2016, 12:33:20 PM
It's nice being semi-retarded.

FTFY

And seriously, the Galaxy was unreal.  My colleague drop kicked her 6 in favor of it and loves it.  Still sticking with this because everything we have is Apple, but damn it was nice. 

Sgt PSN

Lol. I played around with a demo S7 at Best Buy and it is really nice. The VR thing was really cool, too. I'm hooked on the Note series, personally. If Apple ever makes a phone comparable to the Note, I'd probably go back to Apple in a heartbeat. iOS is about 1000x more stable than Android, not to mention that Android updates are exceptionally slow to roll out (depends on your phone model and carrier) where iOS updates are pretty universal with their roll out.   

Susquehanna Birder

FWIW...the ipad2 updated without a hitch. Again, I did it via itunes rather than the stand-alone method.

Sgt PSN

I think it's pretty awesome that the iPad 2 is still receiving iOS updates. I have an og iPad and it stopped getting iOS updates around the time the iPhone 4 or 4s was released, which I think was only a year or so later.

Can't really add new apps to it (unless the app is old enough that you can install the proper version from iTunes) nor can I update most (maybe all) existing apps.

It's basically a $700 alarm clock/oversized mp3 player at this point.

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, I have an old 3G iphone attached to my alarm clock that is basically a Pandora player. Still works pretty well, too.

I have been playing the Star Wards Galaxy of Heroes game on both my phone and my ipad...and it occasionally crashes on the ipad. Apparently it's a common problem on the ipad2, but nowhere else. Eventually I'm going to have to buck up and get a newer tablet (especially since my screen is slightly cracked). But I've definitely been getting my money's worth out of it.

Rome

I use my 4 for exercising.  It's a 16G which means it holds plenty of music.