Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Don Ho on October 20, 2010, 11:51:15 PM
Poor Cholly.  He's going to be drilled and scrutinized on tonight's game for a long time.  

Oswalt was painful to watch.

I love Charlie but he deserves every bit of criticism he's going to get.

MDS

oswalt was just a microcosm of his awful managing this game/his career

given the situation it was the right play. but the game as a whole charlie was perhaps at his worst and gets an F-.

it all started really with using contreras for 2 innings yesterday. what the farg. didnt think you'd need him today with blanton going? that played into having to use him for just 1 out...which led to durbin being out there without any help...which led to madson being used for 2...which led to no one left and having to use your starter who couldnt possibly be expected to be effective.

bad managing of what he already knew was a pretty mediocre bullpen. F- charlie. F farging minus.

you set it up to go contreras in the 7th, madson 8th/9th and lidge with a lead. not rocket science.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2010, 11:41:50 PM
team is so old too...next year is gonna be painful and its going to get progressively worse for years after that

Nah we restocked the farm system in the Lee trade.

PhillyPhreak54

Oswalt volunteered to pitch.

Said he will be ready for 6.

Eagles_Legendz

Victorino described the situation as fun and exciting and he's looking forward to it. 

IT'S ALL PART OF THEIR MASTER PLAN.

MDS

so if they lose 2008 might as well have been 1996?

just wanna make sure

not trying to sugar coat or play homer here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Doc goes 9 strong tomorrow...Phils win 4-1

Oswalt wins game 6

Hamels and Lidge slam that shtein shut in 7

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on October 21, 2010, 12:37:26 AM
so if they lose 2008 might as well have been 1996?

just wanna make sure

not trying to sugar coat or play homer here

Typical Philly attitude... we had a chance at a dynasty... winning 2 out of 3 world series.. instead we're content settling for one?

Not me.

Eagles_Legendz

2008 is still 2008, but when you're in the moment it doesn't make you less pissed off.  Especially since this team has a chance to be remembered as one of the greatest the NL has ever assembled.  08 may take the sting away afterward a little, but people are still going to be frustrated and vent during the games.

Sgt PSN

I don't understand giving Posey an outside pitch that he can take to the opposite field and I don't understand giving Uribe a soft change away after throwing him heaters.

PhillyPhreak54

Phils in 7.

I will not dwell on tonight or else I may end up in a padded room.

Phils in 7

MDS

i envy people who dont take sports seriously

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2010, 11:54:34 PM
oswalt was just a microcosm of his awful managing this game/his career

given the situation it was the right play. but the game as a whole charlie was perhaps at his worst and gets an F-.

it all started really with using contreras for 2 innings yesterday. what the farg. didnt think you'd need him today with blanton going? that played into having to use him for just 1 out...which led to durbin being out there without any help...which led to madson being used for 2...which led to no one left and having to use your starter who couldnt possibly be expected to be effective.

bad managing of what he already knew was a pretty mediocre bullpen. F- charlie. F farging minus.

you set it up to go contreras in the 7th, madson 8th/9th and lidge with a lead. not rocket science.

Todd, excellent point.  That was a very questionable move yesterday with Contreras knowing you have Blanton going
tonight.  I was praying we weren't going to see Durbin at all this series.  

Cholly making Bochey look like Einstein.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 21, 2010, 12:23:17 AM
Victorino described the situation as fun and exciting and he's looking forward to it. 

IT'S ALL PART OF THEIR MASTER PLAN.

Trust me, speaking from experience Hawaiians are dumb.   ::)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I already have the vision in my mind's eye of how the headlines will read the morning after the Phils come back and take this.