Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

there's no excuse for having trash like robertson and hoover on the roster in the first place. 

they won so it's academic.

MDS

they wouldnt be on the roster if it wasnt september....youre getting to angry just to get angry. thats havas territory.

anyway the braves also doing their best to blow their big lead.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

LOL....Bobby Cox brought in Billy Wags to close out a 6 run game. 

Rome

i got angry because they were leading 10-0 and the opposing team cut it to 10-6.

MDS

yes but youre getting angry at AAA players for failing against major leaguers

its like getting angry at the new york times for rejecting me from a job
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: KDS on September 08, 2010, 10:33:48 PM
its like getting angry at the new york times for rejecting me from a job

Actually, it'd be nothing like that at all.  The point you are trying to make is that it would be like getting mad at you if the NYT kept publishing your spanglish articles. 

MDS

Don Ho

WTF?  I left during the bottom of the 7th and next thing I know it's 10-6 when I get to my appointment.  Nate Robertson huh.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

With a wonderful cameo from hoover.

LBIggle

Projecting the Rotation
The Phillies have not said if Kyle Kendrick, Vance Worley or Nate Robertson will be pitching Saturday against the Mets at Citi Field.

We know Roy Halladay is pitching Friday and Roy Oswalt is pitching Sunday. That keeps the Phillies in position to set up their rotation so Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels face the Braves in both three-game series against them later this month. Here is how the Phillies could setup their rotation. Days of rest are in parentheses. Four-days rest is normal rest. Five-days rest is an extra day of rest:

Monday at FLA: Joe Blanton (5)
Tuesday at FLA: Cole Hamels (5)
Wedneday at FLA: Roy Halladay (4)
Sept. 16: OFF
Sept. 17 vs. WASH: Roy Oswalt (4)
Sept. 18 vs. WASH: Kendrick, Worley or Robertson (6)
Sept. 19 vs. WASH: Blanton (5)
Sept. 20 vs. ATL: Hamels (5)
Sept. 21 vs. ATL: Halladay (5)
Sept. 22 vs. ATL: Oswalt (4)
Sept. 23: OFF
Sept. 24 vs. NYM: Blanton (4)
Sept. 25 vs. NYM: Kendrick, Worley or Robertson (6)
Sept. 26 vs. NYM: Hamels (5)
Sept. 27 at WASH: Halladay (5)
Sept. 28 at WASH: Oswalt (5)
Sept. 29 at WASH: Blanton (4)
Sept. 30: OFF
Oct. 1: Hamels (4)
Oct. 2: Halladay (4)
Oct. 3: Oswalt (4)
The way this sets up, no Phillies pitcher will have to pitch on short rest down the stretch. It also gives the big guns most of the starts with the fifth starter getting just three.

Zolecki

MDS

QuoteSept. 18 vs. WASH: Kendrick, Worley or Robertson (6)
Sept. 19 vs. WASH: Blanton (5)

QuoteSept. 24 vs. NYM: Blanton (4)
Sept. 25 vs. NYM: Kendrick, Worley or Robertson (6)

yikes

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't believe these guys have the best record in the National League.

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2010, 05:54:45 AM
I can't believe these guys have the best record in the National League.

kind of anticlimatic right ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

charlie

Quote from: Rome on September 08, 2010, 10:23:26 PM
i got angry because they were leading 10-0 and the opposing team cut it to 10-6.

I bet the opposing team gets paid to play baseball too.

SunMo

Cole Hamels:

Since May 1st- 2.63 ERA, 1.11 WHIP

tell me when i can stop
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.