Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2010, 01:03:19 AM
I missed the ump imitating Howard after the first check swing call.

Wow.

He mad dogged him too. farging turd.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

That ump clearly has an inferiority complex.  I'm guessing he's the anti-Huey Lewis.

SunMo

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 07:53:20 AM
That ump clearly has an inferiority complex.  I'm guessing he's the anti-Huey Lewis.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

This explains a lot:

QuoteIt started when Barry, who is a Triple-A fill-in umpire, said Howard did not check his swing on an 0-1 pitch from Astros right-hander Mark Melancon. Howard did not like the call, and put his hands on his hips. Barry responded by putting his hands on his hips and looking back toward Howard.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 08:59:31 AM
This explains a lot:

QuoteIt started when Barry, who is a Triple-A fill-in umpire, said Howard did not check his swing on an 0-1 pitch from Astros right-hander Mark Melancon. Howard did not like the call, and put his hands on his hips. Barry responded by putting his hands on his hips and looking back toward Howard.

welcome to last night

phattymatty

i watched at the bar until about 1130 or so and then listened to the radio broadcast on my phone for the rest. LA was losing his mind over that ejection. he literally couldn't stop talking about it, just steaming mad.

i really enjoy franzke and LA, too bad they can't do radio and tv.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2010, 09:01:55 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 08:59:31 AM
This explains a lot:

welcome to last night

I wasn't going to read back over all the insanity.  Still, the hands on the hips mocking Howard is hilariously bad.  Even worse than the blown calls.

ice grillin you

im just playin but i didnt read the thread either....barry was fairly well known before this game because of the zimmerman thing and the announcers mentioned it a bunch of times

PoopyfaceMcGee

If there is any justice, Howard won't be suspended and the umpire will never work in the majors again.

So, Howard's getting a 5-gamer, and this Barry douche will be umping home plate tonight and squeezing Halladay to guarantee the Phils lose the series.

SunMo

howard shouldn't get anything, he didn't throw anything on the field and didn't bump anybody.

but we'll see.

ice grillin you

if howard was going to get anything to begin with and he probably wasnt he definitely isnt going to because the league will see that barry completely taunted him

SunMo

that doesn't matter at all.  the league covers the umpires asses no matter what

BigEd76

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 09:18:40 AMthis Barry douche will be umping home plate tonight and squeezing Halladay to guarantee the Phils lose the series.

Luckily we'll miss that since he worked the plate on Monday night....when he completely avoided the Bourn bunt mess....