Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 06, 2010, 06:23:03 AM
god i cant wait till werth leaves after the season

no matter how much perspective you give it its still almost impossible to imagine doing what he did at second base in the ninth

^ this. there was no excuse for that. even wheels couldn't find a way to sugar coat it. total farg up. sit that farger tonight.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just watched the replay.  I would have called the ball fair.  But in Davidson's defense, he could be blind or retarded.

SunMo

no matter how much perspective you give it its still almost impossible to imagine doing what he did at second base in the ninth

no it's not...he did it in the clinching game of the farging world series
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I tried to tell you guys about the Marlins announcers, although to be fair in most instances it's not so much Tommy Hutton, but the PBP idiot who's awful beyond words.

Not only is he a pathetic homer, he actually spends more time talking about nothing than relaying the events of the game as they happen.

Look, I know we all grew up with Harry & Whitey, so of course we're unbelievably spoiled, but these two give the entire profession a bad name.  It is fitting, though, that Miami is stuck with them because I doubt any real city with real fans would tolerate them for very long.

And speaking of Harry, his reaction would have gone like this...

Harry: "oh boy - there's a tough one - Davidson missed that one badly, Whitey..."

Whitey: "sure did, Harry..."

PhillyPhreak54

Relax. Nothing to get fired up over. Its just the day to day nature of baseball. Don't hate on him.

Why?

Because Voice of Reason Todd-O says so!

smeags

BigEd76

the guy that used to cover the Phils and went back to the Mets says the Phils are arrogant SOBs with swagger while the Mets are p*ssies.....and that's why the Phils win

Martino

smeags

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 06, 2010, 09:41:57 AM

Relax. Nothing to get fired up over. Its just the day to day nature of baseball. Don't hate on him.

Why?

his .400 obp and .900 ops make me so mad!!!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: KDS on August 06, 2010, 12:09:56 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 06, 2010, 09:41:57 AM

Why?

his .400 obp and .900 ops make me so mad!!

#5 hitter.

.155 avg w RISP
.098 avg w RISP and 2 outs

shut the farg up with OBP

PhillyPhreak54

And horrendous instincts on the base paths.

Who the hell are you, MDS? Billy Beane?!

MDS

i already showed you his risp numbers from 09 and 08. they're pretty good.

so all of a sudden he can still hit with no one and do the things hes always done but magically sucks with risp? like he just lost the ability to do that?

it was most likely bad luck to begin the year and now has gotten somewhat mental. all the logic in the world says it will rebound next year....when of course, as my boy rome said, hes in the bronx.

and yes obp is a vital stat. he doesnt make an out 40% of the time. this is very good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

goddamn i love when statys use "luck" in their analysis

SunMo

Quote from: KDS on August 06, 2010, 12:20:49 PM

and yes obp is a vital stat. he doesnt make an out 40% of the time. this is very good.

i don't care that lil jayson walks with a man on 3rd and they need a run.  he needs to be driving in runs, not taking first pitch fastballs down the middle because he's looking to walk

smeags

Quote from: KDS on August 06, 2010, 12:20:49 PM
i already showed you his risp numbers from 09 and 08. they're pretty good.

and lidge was undefeated in '08.