Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: LBIggle on July 30, 2010, 09:13:53 PM
game over.  bad game.  pick it up tomorrow choke.. it's no coincidence the offense goes in the shteinter when he stops hitting.  fatty in to do his best to make sure they go on some sort of losing streak now.  obviously he has a pass today.. but if he keeps that shtein up oswalt had every right to fear the fans and media.

What in the farg are you talking about?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

hmm.  it's amazing how quickly you people forget how streaky this team is.  losing streaks end.. sure.. but it's how they end is what usually tells you how their going to bounce back after a loss.  they shtein the bed.  so Howard needs to stop striking out 4 times a game because obviously the offense revolves around him. oswalt needs to not suck shtein in his next start.   and Blanton is fat and still sucks.  simple enough? good.

PhillyGirl

OK, so they lose one game out of 8...and now they're about to go on a terrible, awful, horrid losing streak because Howard had a bad couple of games.

Gotcha.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

That home run swing by Werth was sweet.  Nice to see him get a clean cut rather than that corkscrew lurch and lunge thing he does.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 30, 2010, 09:22:13 PM
OK, so they lose one game out of 8...and now they're about to go on a terrible, awful, horrid losing streak because Howard had a bad couple of games.

Gotcha.

they had no business winning on thursday

they just happened to be playing arizona

in reality they suck on the road and getting out of this trip 3-3 is an extreme accomplishment. the season boils down to the 6 games left against atlanta.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS and PG's fake overreactions are always fun to see.

Bad game all around.

MDS

yea and so what

it doesnt take a friggin rocket surgeon to figure that one out
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Yeah and no one posts obvious observations about philly sports teams here. Ever.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 30, 2010, 09:13:46 PM
OMG!!

Oswalt SUUUUUUUUCKKKKKSSS!

CLIFF LEE HAS NEVER HAD A BAD GAME LIKE THIS!

EVER!

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!11111111

SD texted this exact message to me.

He was drunk, though.

SD

all untrue except the drunk part

Rome

Oh, right.  I actually texted that to you.  And a fairly astute synopsis of The Wire series, I think.

ice grillin you

i love the dummies that think all is well cause they get one player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2010, 01:00:23 PM

8 wins in a row + Braves faltering + trade for Oswalt = plenty of reason to believe

But since they lost last night with Oswalt pitching, farg all that.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteAstros pitching coach Brad Arnsberg got a text msg from Roy Halladay about Happ: "You're going to love this guy." He does already

Houston is in love with Happ already. Sweatin' him pretty hard.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 31, 2010, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2010, 01:00:23 PM

8 wins in a row + Braves faltering + trade for Oswalt = plenty of reason to believe

But since they lost last night with Oswalt pitching, farg all that.

lol

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 31, 2010, 02:04:08 PM
QuoteAstros pitching coach Brad Arnsberg got a text msg from Roy Halladay about Happ: "You're going to love this guy." He does already

Houston is in love with Happ already. Sweatin' him pretty hard.

it unreal how much happ was/is overlooked in that deal....people only concentrated on the prospects...and not saying happ is all world or anything but hes a solid left handed major league pitcher...you can do a lot worse than getting one of those in a deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous