Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

who's going to Photoshop a pic of Rube bending Wade over? lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2010, 03:39:43 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2010, 03:32:09 PM
The deal was done, but the details were not announced IGY. Far cry from it not being done and still being discussed.

There is no way for anyone to come into this as its DONE. His agent Bob Garber has confirmed it.

He is pitching tomorow night for the Phils. Officially.

it wasnt done if the players invloved changed

Really IGY? Missing the point entirely.

It was speculation by the media guessing who was going. NOT that it wasn't already done by the 2 teams. This deal had been in place already since morning. But nothing was being leaked.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Deal not official yet.  Selig has to approve it.

Also, both the Cardinals and the Padres tried to get in on the bidding this morning but failed, per Crasnick.

(What the hell could they have offered that was worse?  I guess I am undervaluing Happ.)

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 29, 2010, 03:42:12 PM
Deal not official yet.  Selig has to approve it.

Also, both the Cardinals and the Padres tried to get in on the bidding this morning but failed, per Crasnick.

(What the hell could they have offered that was worse?  I guess I am undervaluing Happ.)

eskin says wade has a job waiting for him in the phils organization when hes done in houston and that if bowie kuhn was commish this deal wouldnt be allowed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2010, 03:43:57 PM
eskin says wade has a job waiting for him in the phils organization when hes done in houston

Figures.  I said earlier that this smells like Wade is still on the payroll.

Also, espn.com is reporting that it is now official.

MDS

why are you listening to eskin

not that you ever spend your time appropriately, but come on. you cant be this stupid oh wait
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

If you're basing your thoughts on Eskin, who has ZERO knowledge of anythign inside the Philies organization, I'm sorry but there is no help for you.

Rome

lol at all of this.

no chance oswalt ever pitches for the phillies.

none.  nada.  zip.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 29, 2010, 03:45:26 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2010, 03:43:57 PM
eskin says wade has a job waiting for him in the phils organization when hes done in houston

Figures.  I said earlier that this smells like Wade is still on the payroll.

Also, espn.com is reporting that it is now official.

it was more tongue in cheek...but it actually makes a lot of sense and there is really no other explanation for it

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2010, 03:45:47 PM
If you're basing your thoughts on Eskin, who has ZERO knowledge of anythign inside the Philies organization, I'm sorry but there is no help for you.

im not basing my thoughts on anything...but thats super sweet coming from someone who posts nothing but links and twitters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

oswalt's coming because of lidge basically...best save of the year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on July 29, 2010, 03:59:18 PM
oswalt's coming because of lidge basically...best save of the year

That's what this Amy K. Nelson broad says.  She also says that he is flying directly to DC and will start tomorrow night.  Here she is at the Bank.  Would you hit it?

Oh, she also reported that Oswalt said the reports of his preference to go to St. Louis were "furthest thing from the truth."  I like this chick.  She could have my snausage.

SunMo

that's a zesty picture, and i'm extrapolating data to say yes...HIT
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome