Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

All the Phillies have to say is they "misunderstood the rules" and they'll get away with it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: KDS on May 11, 2010, 10:33:35 PM
what honesty is there in stealing signs

It's the principality jewkie.  If the runner on 2nd picks up on the catcher's signs and signals to the batter, fine.  Some dude sitting in BFE, using binoculars to get a good look ain't cool. 

MDS

anything to get an edge young brotha
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Just scored free tix and parking pass from one of my vendors for saturdays game in Milwaukee! my kids are going to go crazy! ;D

Sgt PSN

I'd like to catch a game there one of these days.  Looks like a cool stadium. 

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2010, 10:38:34 PM

It's the principality jewkie.  If the runner on 2nd picks up on the catcher's signs and signals to the batter, fine.  Some dude sitting in BFE, using binoculars to get a good look ain't cool. 

this
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phillymic2000

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 12, 2010, 09:54:23 AM
I'd like to catch a game there one of these days.  Looks like a cool stadium. 

Its easy to get to, they tailgate like its a Packers game. The stadium is sweet, great food and if it is bad weather the dome closes in 10 min. I've always had a blast there!!

charlie

I highly doubt they were stealing pitch signs. The time the pitcher agrees with the catcher and then the pitch is about 5 seconds. And unless the bullpen coach would hold up a sign that says "High changeup" or "outside curve" there's hardly enough time for the bullpen coach to 1) see the sign 2) translate the sign 3)relay to the dugout 4) relay to basecoach 5) relay to batter...

It's more likely stealing the signs from the dugout to the rockies batters. Which is almost pointless... most people who know a little about baseball know when they will hit and run, or lay down a bunt.

smeags

apparently the mets also complained after the game in which the phils rocked santana and the complaint was indeed over stealing pitch signs.

all teams steal signs and no matter how they go about it once in a while MLB puts out a little slap on the wrist like this. no biggy. time to move on.

today's weather in denver is more important then this story.

SD

I can see it being a problem in football considering you know before hand the defense the opposing team is going to run and have time to adjust for that. But in baseball the ball is traveling in upwards of 90 mph and there is only 30 seconds or so between pitches so how much of a benefit is it to know what pitch is coming in.

smeags

well every player asked said stealing pitch signs happens alot in baseball dalton was just on the real philly sports station discussing it in length and spoke in detail on how they used to do it.

general question - so the bigg issue here is the use of binoculars ? so does anyonw think it's wrong for lopes to use a stop watch to time a pitcher's delivery ?

charlie

Daulton also once said an alien pinch hit for him using his body during the 1997 world series.

SD

smeags

ET has a 386 lifetime batting avg so it was an easy decision for the leyland.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.