to me, pitching is pitching.  

yeah this is it

like i was saying before...just farging get three outs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 10, 2010, 11:05:15 PM
madson isn't a closer. You need to be a special breed of crazy to be a closer and Madson doesn't have 'it'.

Get Charles Manson!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

different kind of crazy you farging coconut. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Madson throws the ball hard but he catches too much of the heart of the plate.   His inability to stay out of the middle of the strike zone is why he gets lit up like he does.  If he ever learns to throw hard but avoid a batter's wheelhouse, he'll be devastating.  In 2008 he looked like he was getting it and then he appeared to regress last year.

And LOL at giving up on Lidge.  Jesus...

Sgt PSN

yeah, it's way early and we knew the phils would probably be even better offensively this year than before, but they are seriously outperforming everyone in damn near every offensive category

1st in runs - 41 (2nd most is the doyers with 31)
1st in hits  - 63 (2nd is a's with 59)
1st in total bases - 101 (2nd is twins with 88)
1st in rbi - 38 (2nd is a's with 29)
1st in bat avg - .337 (2nd is doyers with .294) 
1st in obp - .431 (2nd is nyy with .380)
1st in slg - .540 (2nd is bos with .494)
1st in ops - .971 (2nd is bos with .831)

sure, it's all pretty meaningless at this point but i don't remember ever seeing this team at the top of so many statistical categories.  plus it's pretty cool to actually sort through all that stuff and see the phils at the top of each list (and dominating in most of them).

it's also worth noting that through 5 games, choke only has 1 strike out.   for his career, he hits over .400 when he actually puts the ball in play but his high k total has always brought his average down.  obviously, he's going to strike out a lot this year, but if he can get the k's down to say 150ish, he should have no problem hitting on the north side of .300 for the year.   

Geowhizzer

Rollins leads off with the HR.  Phils already scoring off of Oswalt.

ice grillin you

forget the phils jimmy might be the best player in the league

Geowhizzer

Oswalt bounced back nicely from that HR to get Howard and Werth on back-to-back Ks.

Rollins also flashing the leather to get Bourn.

PhillyGirl

Halladay is ridculous....he makes you think he's all over the place and then he sticks it right over the plate and makes you whiff badly.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 11, 2010, 02:21:25 PM
Rollins also flashing the leather to get Bourn.

that play was what the kids call butter

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

does halladay take three if chooch walks

MDS

how refreshing are these announcers? so bland and nothing. a welcome sight after the nationals announcers ruined baseball for the first 3 games.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2010, 02:09:56 PM
forget the phils jimmy might be the best player in the league
hes like the 7th best player on his own team.