Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

man i really hope the offense gives the pitchers some more run support.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

does this amaze anyone else this is the fargING Phillies :crazy
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 05, 2010, 06:49:17 PM
does this amaze anyone else this is the fargING Phillies :crazy

The birds front office.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

QuoteDuring pregame introductions at Nationals Park Monday, Phillies fans booed Nationals staff and players and chanted "Sucks!" after the public announcer bellowed each name.

"That was impressive," Phillies right fielder Jayson Werth said. "It felt like all of right field was only Phillies fans. This kind of started to be our home away from home a little bit."

nice.  this goes on at damn near every eagles away game i've been too as well. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillymic2000

QuoteI don't think any of us care about losing 11-1," said Daniel Furth, a Nationals fan who attended. "But, really, to me, the atmosphere just ruined opening day. It just completely ruined it."

Wow what a statement! :-D

smeags

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 07, 2010, 11:52:16 AM
QuoteI don't think any of us care about losing 11-1," said Daniel Furth, a Nationals fan who attended. "But, really, to me, the atmosphere just ruined opening day. It just completely ruined it."

Wow what a statement! :-D

fedex field isn't much different.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

That is so great... Care more about the "atmosphere" than getting embarrassed on the field.  I'm sure the players love the lowered expectations of the fans, though.

Geowhizzer

QuoteKasten also said the nature of Phillies fans contributed to the feeling Monday at Nationals Park. He said that Red Sox fans had attended in even greater numbers Saturday for an exhibition game, but there was a "tangible, qualitative difference in the two crowds."

That's because Red Sox fans are Hoydas.

Seabiscuit36

Quotetumbleweedhips wrote:
phillies fans are the worst. we left at the seventh inning of a nats/phillies game last year for that very reason, we were the only nationals fans in our section and even though we were not cheering loudly, i was pretty worried for our safety. phillies fans are the opposite of classy and the nats have to figure out how to get just the right balance of home and away fans, otherwise it is just no fun.

ps phillies fans: your team has only been really good for the last couple years, so try to be gracious sports, not hulking brutes smelling of cheap beer and poor grooming habits.
4/7/2010 12:40:12 PM
from their comments section..LOL
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

100% sure that the fans he spoke of were cheering, yelling and acting like actual fans.

Something a Nats fan would have no friggin clue about.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quotethe nats have to figure out how to get just the right balance of home and away fans

putting a quality team on the field usually solves that problem with the quickness.  until then, nats ownership is going to be greatful that they play in the same division as the phils because their home series vs philly are going to be the most profitable series all year. 

tmac even made mention of this during the broadcast on monday....talking about how they look forward to the couple of home series vs the phils because ticket sales sky rocket.