Andre Dillard, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 25, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I hope he makes a roster somewhere else and maybe becomes a decent player. Hard to have ill will towards the guy, he actually wanted to play, as far as I can tell, which is a major improvement over some previous linemen they've drafted.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

he was a lost cause the moment his mom said "football chose him"

you cant have an offensive lineman that isnt a complete psychopathic maniac that wants to murder people....its the only way to play the position.

hes a softie little baby who happens to be huge but he dont want that smoke
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

NO lost their (projected starter) LT yesterday...they've got a gimpy back up but....they join several other teams in desperate-to-pressing need:  Dallas, Pittsburgh, Chicago all have needs.

Does Dillard get dealt?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

He's under contract through next season, unless someone wants to make a stupid offer for him there's no reason not to keep him for depth. One more season on the bench isn't going to make him unable to be a serviceable starter for a decade somewhere.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

I agree. I remember Stoutland saying several months ago he told Dillard he'd need to learn the right side as well. I haven't seen any preseason reports as to if he has been or not, but I'll assume he has to some degree.

Also, for all the trite cliches you hear about "you can't teach ______ "  (speed, smarts, etc - which is almost always wrong), if there is one thing you can't teach it's inborn natural athletic ability, which was always Dillard's calling card. I doubt he'll amount to anything but he is a case where patience is ok.