Who to start thread 2010

Started by Munson, September 09, 2010, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Both of my drafts left me with a lot of questions, and I know others here like hearing what the rest of CF has to say. God knows why.

So for team 1...
Devery Henderson vs. Vikings
or
Devin Aromashodu vs. Detroit

It's a PPR league

Team 2
Got a WR/RB flex position to fill between these guys:
Jahvid Best vs. Chicago
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Carolina
Pierre Garcon vs. Houston
Robert Meachem vs. Vikings
Jabar Gaffney vs. Jacksonville

This league is not PPR
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

I was leaning towards both. Thank you, rjs.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Rashard Mendenhall or Matt Forte

Pick one of:

Jeremy Maclin
Demaryius Thomas
Braylon Edwards
Chris Chambers

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 09, 2010, 05:45:54 PM
Shotgun and mouth. Do it.

I'm not running Andy Reid's offense, thanks.

Phreak-That's tough. Is it PPR? Even with the down year last year Forte still had 50 catches. He looked good in preseason and while the falcons don't have the best D in the world, it's certainly better than Detroits....I'd go Forte.

As for the WR's, I'd go with Maclin. Thomas isn't starting over Gaffney and Royal, Edwards didn't look good in preseason and is in a run first O going against the Ravens D, and Chambers is old and despite being in the Chiefs offense he's still the 2nd option in the pass attack (Maybe even 3rd after Jamaal Charles)

PhillyPhreak54

PPR

I wonder about Mendenhall at the goal line and against ATL. I am leaning towards Forte & Maclin

Munson

hah, yeah I don't why I said Titans. But pretty much the same thing can be said about their D

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2010, 05:49:51 PM

Rashard Mendenhall or Matt Forte

Pick one of:

Jeremy Maclin
Demaryius Thomas
Braylon Edwards
Chris Chambers

Mendenhall.  You know the Steelers are going to try and run the ball to take pressure off Dixon.  And Forte has to run around Ndmoiadngioafgjkong. 

Chambers is a sleeper pick too.  After getting cut by the Chargers last year, Chambers had like 70-80 yds and a TD against them with the Chiefs.

Munson

phattymatty

i would have said devery and bradshaw but too late now.

Diomedes

In our keeper I had to decide between Percy Harvin last night or Jerome Harrison on Sunday for the flex position.  I went with Harvin figuring he'd show up under the prime time lights of the season opener.

But I knew what was going to happen:  Harvin was going to beg off on account of a headache and Harrison is going to put up 200yds/2tds (which he will of course not come close to repeating again all season, no matter how many times I start him).

Harvin didn't have a headache, but he didn't really have a football game either.  So I'm on track.  Which is nice.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Made a trade to try and improve my WR core. Traded Best and Braylon Edwards for Donald Driver and Bradshaw. Pick two of these RB's, all of which have great farging matchups, in a PPR league

Steven Jackson vs. OAK
Jamaal Charles vs. CLE
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. IND
Brandon Jackson vs. BUF

And pick 2 of these WR's for the same league:
Donald Driver vs. BUF (probably picking him anyway)
Jabar Gaffney vs. SEA
Santana Moss vs. HOU
Devin Aromashodu vs. DAL
Devery Henderson vs. SF
Legedu Naanee vs. JAC

SunMo

i'm seriously considering sitting Moss and starting Maclin this week.  I'm afraid moss will get stuck on revis island.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

toss up. could be a smokescreen by the Jets saying that Revis will blanket Moss all day. Last week, Revis only played the one side of the field all night and covered whoever was over there.

last game against the Jets, Welker had 15 catches for 190 yards. If they are smart, they put Revis on Welker, and use roll coverage on Moss on the outside.