Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Actually zero.

The number of runs these fargs have scored today.

MDS

these last time two games are a reminder to even the most insane of homers that the phillies are the phillies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Garrett farging Stubbs! 🔔

MDS

the dumbest ending to a game i can remember

they took a giant dump today and the backup catcher hits a 3 run bomb to walk it off...what a dumb sport

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2022, 04:02:31 PM
these last time two games are a reminder to even the most insane of homers that the phillies are the phillies

And will be for the foreseeable future.  Lure us in with a win streak here and there and then the reality checks of the entire lineup going cold, a Junior Varsity bullpen, defense of a pinto little league team.

Happy they won.  Good stuff but this 20 game June stretch that started with D Backs and ends at home with Braves will tell all.  Top teams mixed with some lower echelon teams will show us something - which is what I'm afraid of.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

14-6 in the next 20. 

Book.  It. 

SD

I have zero expectations for this team just entertain me and stay in the race through the summer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on June 15, 2022, 06:10:23 PM
14-6 in the next 20. 

Book.  It.

My man.

There are 15 games left this month. 20 takes them through July 7th.

They should beat up on the Nats, Rangers and Padres. That sets them up for a big end of month series against Atlanta.

Let's make another run

MDS

j is the like girl who thinks every dude she meets is gonna propose but instead she gets raw dogged at her place late at night and he takes his actual girlfriend down the shore for the weekend

the phillies are not taking you the family shore house to meet the cousins

dont get raw dogged j, dont do it

MDS

BTW out of curiosity i did the math on this. might be off 1 or 2 games but:

bad teams - 42 games left
average teams - 14 games left (mainly miami)
good teams - 42 games left

their schedule is not any kind of advantage, they do play the nats a lot but they also play the braves a ton

ice grillin you

the schedule is not an advantage mostly because they aren't a good team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

well sure

you probably dont watch a lot of baseball but like half the league is wretched and throwing out AAA lineups. not that the phillies cant lose to that but the homers are trying to insinuate all these nats games are some kind of advantage when they have like 3 fewer games against atlanta who 1) own them and 2) havent lost in weeks

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2022, 08:17:26 PM
j is the like girl who thinks every dude she meets is gonna propose but instead she gets raw dogged at her place late at night and he takes his actual girlfriend down the shore for the weekend

the phillies are not taking you the family shore house to meet the cousins

dont get raw dogged j, dont do it

Interesting analogy. Can you get me some plan B please?