Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

I'm glad the Phillies had that nice little run of being a good team, because now I know exactly what that looks like. And this Phillies team does not look like that. It looks like the same old shtein we've had for a decade. New year, same shtein.

MDS

the phillies were terrible from 2013-2017. during that span they drafted nola (good!), bohm (maybe good!) and:
-moniak
-haseley
-randolph

you cannot be that bad for that long, pick at the top of the draft, and come away with 3 guys who are all not even ML players. theres a lot of luck associated with the draft but it wasnt bad luck that all of these guys are career minor league talent. all the FA signings and zack eflin's in the world cant make up for whiffing like that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

This team has much bigger issues than Wheeler but he better get his act together.  Three bad outings in a row.  4-0 cushion and and he gives 3 right back.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

What Todd said.  This FO, scouting and farm system are an abomination.  Not impressed with Joe G. but can't put much of this on him.  Mediocre talent at this level = bad baseball
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 20, 2021, 10:29:24 PM
the phillies were terrible from 2013-2017. during that span they drafted nola (good!), bohm (maybe good!) and:
-moniak
-haseley
-randolph

you cannot be that bad for that long, pick at the top of the draft, and come away with 3 guys who are all not even ML players. theres a lot of luck associated with the draft but it wasnt bad luck that all of these guys are career minor league talent. all the FA signings and zack eflin's in the world cant make up for whiffing like that.

farging depressing is what this is.

PhillyPhreak54

They might score negative runs today.

Next level suckage in the lineup today.

QB Eagles

Ironically this will be the one they win, because that's how the Phillies roll.

Geowhizzer

Moniak hit a homer?  Was it the little league, four-overthrow variety?

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I saw him go deep and almost choked in shock.

Let's see if they can hold the lead now

PhillyPhreak54

Well farg.

So much for that.

PhillyPhreak54

And now they're dropping easy fly balls.

I fargin hate this team already. Liked it for one week.

shteinbirds

ice grillin you

pitch two to hoskins was absolute meat and he missed it....that should have been the game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

And he strikes out.

I hate this team.

PhillyPhreak54

Hate has receded a bit.

Nice win. And Andrew Knapp of all people

MDS

andrew knapp is a fine backup catcher. he gets a lot of hate because hes often pressed into situations he should not be in, but as far as backup catchers go, he is sufficient.

nick maton probably sucks but for the moment he is doing some things. he will play 2B for the next week or so, and we'll get a longer look.

got the good spence howard today. he was sharp. i do not understand why they are refusing to consider him as a starter. hes not going to reach his innings out of the pen. maybe for the second half of the year they'll let him.

bryce is locked in. enjoy it while it lasts.

cutch is depressingly bad but at least hes cool. hoskins is a bore and should be in japan
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.