Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Howard and his 7.88 ERA fitting right in with this pitching staff.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Washington-NYI on big screen right now until 76ers halftime is over.

I'd rather watch Raul farging Neto right now over the Phils.

Geowhizzer

Does anyone have Girardi on suicide watch?  That poor guy can't turn this shtein off.

PhillyPhreak54

At least Joe G won't want to slit his wrists in a warm bath tonight.

MDS

they won a game because the mets suck and degrom was hurt

party time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 14, 2020, 09:56:00 PM
the only way a jt extension works if middleton is willing to go wayyy over the LT. which it doesnt appear he is.

exactly....thats the crux of it...if realmuto was followed up by going out and doing yankee things and getting the best SP on the free agent market and then a stud corner OF im all in...but thats not gonna happen...so gtfo JT and go get the pitcher

or id even rather us his money to go get three relievers...as good as hes been this year they have more wins with a pen than they do with him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the thing thats killing them is 20 mil to the corpse of mccutchen and 14.5 to pos segura in 21 and 22. since arrieta is dunzo after this year, you theoretically would have some cash to play with if you didnt make those investments.

the bullpen is a travesty. they need a veteran starter since there is zero depth outside of nola/wheeler/eflin/howard. could use a different gm trying to figure this out, too.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Nola was a little shaky with control in the first couple of innings, but he pitched through it and got better as the game went on.

I just don't know if six is enough for this bullshtein bullpen for two innings.

ice grillin you

QuoteAaron Nola is the first Phillie with three consecutive outings with 6+ IP and 3 or less hits allowed since David West did it in July of 1994.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

He's been stellar. 

I actually feel really bad for Joe G. every time they trot any one of these bullpen putz's out to the mound.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

amazingly if they win tomorrow, they finish this weirdo homestand 7-6

which is kind of remarkable for a team with zero bullpen and significant lineup deficiencies

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 15, 2020, 08:18:21 PM
QuoteAaron Nola is the first Phillie with three consecutive outings with 6+ IP and 3 or less hits allowed since David West did it in July of 1994.

Wow. I could've been given 100 guesses and David West wouldn't have been one.

MDS

quinn
bruce
segura

all died today