Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 30, 2019, 07:51:14 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 30, 2019, 04:54:26 PM
So much for the Geo Jinx!

First win I think I've seen in at least 7 or 8 years.

Bamboo Miller's homer went nearly right over our head.

I haven't been to Citizen's Bank Park since about 2011, but all I can say it that the Marlins are, from the stadium seating to the food to the atmosphere, a second-rate organization.

My section was at least 70% Phillies fans.  The Marlins had a Cheerleader Guy trying to drum up support for the Marlins.  I think  we broke his spirit by the end of the game.

The pizza and wings at Sal's Italian Ristorante in Miromar on the way home, however, was excellent.  :yay

Geo, I'll be in Miami the next time the bums are in town for our annual meeting.  Plan on going to the 8/24 and 8/25 games.  Lets get Rome out there and we can join the other 500 in attendance.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Kingery's defense = Simmons jump shot
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Braves lineup is sic. 

PhillyPhreak54

Bryce...do something for fargs sake

ice grillin you

Atlanta has a soroka and a sobotka (not frank)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Someone get Sobotka a beer and a shot

Geowhizzer

Nola was impressive tonight.  Hell of a start.

SD

Nola's dealing (again). Looks like the early season location issues are gone

MDS

small moment here but stitker brought in a reliever to matchup with sean rodriguez...yes. then gabe left rodriguez in to go r-r and didnt bring in brad miller.

none of this made sense but it doesnt matter
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 02, 2019, 10:01:40 PM
small moment here but stitker brought in a reliever to matchup with sean rodriguez...yes. then gabe left rodriguez in to go r-r and didnt bring in brad miller.

none of this made sense but it doesnt matter

I was surprised, especially since it's Sean Rodriguez.  I'd rather have Miller in even against a lefty.

SD

Neris = lights out bitch

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on July 02, 2019, 10:09:44 PM
Neris = lights out bitch

That inning was impressive, too.  Neris has a little swagger back.

MDS

i felt like if he didnt get that 3-2 pitch to donaldson shtein wouldve gone off the rails. once he got the k there, he was locked in. the key for him is first pitch strikes. he needs hitters to be defensive.

that was their best win of the year. nola was ridiculous. offense with a typical no show, but hopefully theyre playing the long game and saving runs for pivetta.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Great win.

agreed on that chud Donaldsons AB. If he loses him there it was going to become agonizing. That missed strike call would've been big.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 02, 2019, 10:13:02 PM
i felt like if he didnt get that 3-2 pitch to donaldson shtein wouldve gone off the rails. once he got the k there, he was locked in. the key for him is first pitch strikes. he needs hitters to be defensive.

Totally agree, it would have been "oh shtein, here we go again".  And Nola was magnificent tonight.  So much movement on his pitches all night.