Fantasy Baseball

Started by hbionic, March 26, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

...uh...so what do I do?

My neighbor asked me to sign up for fantasy baseball, and I do what everyone asks of me, no limits.

What should I draft? I think there's like 15-20 heads in the league. Pitchers only? Any positions to avoid? Help!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Draft Ryan Howard with your first pick, he's going to have a monster season. If you don't believe me PM Phreak.

hbionic

A rape package will be sent to your house. Make sure you open it with your mouth....and what do I do if Howard is off the board?  :paranoid

PhillyPhreak54

lolol

Just draft all Los Doyers...except Jimmy because he's not available

MDS

my pitching staff is insane

-cy scherzer
-greinkie aka kershaw's robin
-nikki
-ty ross
-sonny corleone gray
-doug fister sister

then, whenever they get healthy:
-matt king cain....fully restocked, back to his old tricks, throwing low to mid 90's
-the best pitcher in baseball jose fernandez

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

How many teams in your league? 5?

MDS

7 people
1 hater
1 homer
1 jew
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I joined my first one...17 teams, weekly head to head.

I got farged by the auto pick...My first pick was King Felix, then Strasburg, and I was in line to draft Wainwright but didn't realize what happened until three picks later....anyway...ended up with Matt Cain, Jake Peavy, Craig Krimbrell, Danny Duffy, Trevor Bauer, and Jason Vargas. Got Alex Cobb as an auto pick and just got Tyson Ross.

C- Saltalamacchia
1b- Joey Votto
2b- Howie Kendrick
3b- Evan Langoria
SS- Alcides Escobar
OF- Joc Pederson
OF- Carlos Beltran
OF- Torii Hunter
UTIL- Nolan Arenado (auto picked instead of Wainwright)
Bench- Desmond Jennings
Bench- James Loney

MDS, please tell me I have a chance? And who the farg is Nolan Arenado????    :boom

(Obviously I haven't been following baseball closely the last few seasons).

PhillyPhreak54

He's the Rockies 3B and I wanted to draft him but some slappy stole him before I could.

I did get Jimmmmmaaaay though.

SunMo

i followed my strategy of the past few years to load up on bats and find pitching as the year goes on.  i don't love my team but i did literally zero research so whatever
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I have my 10 team keeper league auction tomorrow. Pretty happy with my keepers going into the draft, and their prices...

Kyle Seager  $7
Starling Marte $7
George Springer $6
Kole Calhoun $2
Gregory Polanco $2

Johnny Cueto $17
Alex Wood $11
Alex Cobb $9
Andrew Cashner $7
Michael Wacha $7
Michael Pineda $4
Jose Quintana $6

Got $175 to spend and 13 roster spots to fill. In position to draft Trout if I want to. Right now am willing to go up to $65 to do it, but I'll see how the bidding shakes out.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: hbionic on April 03, 2015, 03:52:56 PM
I joined my first one...17 teams, weekly head to head.

I got farged by the auto pick...My first pick was King Felix, then Strasburg, and I was in line to draft Wainwright but didn't realize what happened until three picks later....anyway...ended up with Matt Cain, Jake Peavy, Craig Krimbrell, Danny Duffy, Trevor Bauer, and Jason Vargas. Got Alex Cobb as an auto pick and just got Tyson Ross.

C- Saltalamacchia
1b- Joey Votto
2b- Howie Kendrick
3b- Evan Langoria
SS- Alcides Escobar
OF- Joc Pederson
OF- Carlos Beltran
OF- Torii Hunter
UTIL- Nolan Arenado (auto picked instead of Wainwright)
Bench- Desmond Jennings
Bench- James Loney

MDS, please tell me I have a chance? And who the farg is Nolan Arenado????    :boom

(Obviously I haven't been following baseball closely the last few seasons).

17 teams?

hbionic

I have nothing to base it on whether that's good or bad (given the amount of players and teams in MLB)....but I admit its a bit much which waters it down a bit which I assume gives me a better chance of winning...if at all possible. Anyways, it's only $20 to get my feet wet, so why not.

MDS

thats not bad for 17 teams.....though when you have that many players and such a watered down FA pool, it becomes super random

10-12 is the ideal # for FB

hbionic

Weird, one day in, and I'm getting a hard-on for baseball I never knew I had.

Stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats!