WORLD SERIES 2005 - WHITE SOX VS. ASTROS!

Started by henchmanUK, October 20, 2005, 05:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Game 1 Saturday - Contreras vs. Clemens. I predict a low scorer - 2-1 Sox!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 20, 2005, 08:14:29 AM
The Who Cares Series

I honestly couldn't give two shteins about this series, but I kind of hope the White Sox choke on it.

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 20, 2005, 08:23:03 AM
The Who Cares Series

I honestly couldn't give two shteins about this series, but I kind of hope the White Sox choke on it.

ha!  i feel the same way.  i want those Chicagoians to suffer.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

NGM

I'll root for the Astros because of Mad-Lad and also because it might make me feel better that the reason the Phillies couldn't beat the Stros was because they were the "team of destiny."  :paranoid
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 20, 2005, 08:23:59 AM
Quote from: FFatPatt on October 20, 2005, 08:23:03 AM
The Who Cares Series

ha!  i feel the same way.  i want those Chicagoians to suffer.

You are forgetting most Chicagoians will suffer if the White Sox WIN. Having said that, they won't be too happy if the Stros win either!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

ice grillin you

unless it goes to a game seven...theres a good chance i wont watch one single second of this world series...there isnt a thing about it that interests me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I like this series. Why? Well I'm glad you asked... :P

1. I like Guillen and the way he is. He rips everyone including his own players.
2. I want the White Sox to win it so the Cubs fans can cry more
3. I like Jose Contreras...nasty splitter
4. Both teams are "new" to the Series. No Yanks, Red Sox, Braves, etc.

White Sox in 6

MURP

Ill root for the White Sox just so the Cubs fans suffer more. 

henchmanUK

God bless  :CF - as big a Cub haters board as White Sox Interactive! :bow

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Cubs fans will suffer plenty when the Astros win.

Father Demon

Go Sox, so Cubs fans can suffer.  But, it will probably be the 'stros, since apparently the Cardinals are Curse Killers.

I just can't believe how cold the Cards were last night -- from pitching, to bats, to missed plays.  Had Mulder thrown to third instead of first on the bunt, who knows how the game woulda turned out?  I'm pissed about the bad call at second with the missed tag, but it really was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

GO SOX!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.