Phillies season 9

Started by MURP, September 14, 2005, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on September 14, 2005, 03:26:33 PM
No, you should toss 7 or 8 hand grenades into the dugout between innings, plow under the stadium and rid the city of baseball forever.

Why don't I go up to Boston and do that to your apartment. It would be more fun and make more people happy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Aw. How bitter. It must be very hard for you to have to put up with me. Wah wah wah.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

You make me cry at night.  :-[
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 14, 2005, 02:32:09 PM
19-game hitting streaks aren't all they're cracked up to be when a guy routinely goes 1-5 to keep the streak alive.

Rollins is as undisciplined as they come at the plate. Apparently, there's no changing that. If a guy like Tony Gwynn can't get him to see the light, I doubt the hacks the Phillies hired as hitting instructors would do any better.

I was actually talking about this with a few friends the other day and trying to point out that hitting streaks can be overrated.  Going off the average of a player getting 4 ab's per game, technically a guy could have a 1620 game hitting streak over the course of 10 years and have a batting average of .250.  But I'd bet MDS' virginity that that guy would make it to the HOF. 

MDS

Yea I figured the jokes on that would start coming in eventually.

rjs246

A baseball loving virgin who joined an anti-popping collar coalition? Is it sad or hilarious? I'm leaning towards both.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

MDS

Fine, team up on MDS.

Bastiches  :flipoff

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 14, 2005, 05:17:07 PM
Fine, team up on MDS.

You'd like that wouldn't ya?

Yay Phillies. 

mcnabbmvp

Quote from: MURP on September 14, 2005, 09:17:40 AM
David Bell is awesome. 

Yeah and Ed Wade is GM of the year. ::)   :paranoid
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

BigEd76

Howard gets the night off vs the lefty  :-\

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 14, 2005, 06:31:32 PM
Howard gets the night off vs the lefty :-\

Yeah but he's batting like .150 against them with 0 homers.  Who's starting in his place?

rjs246

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 14, 2005, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on September 14, 2005, 06:31:32 PM
Howard gets the night off vs the lefty :-\

Yeah but he's batting like .150 against them with 0 homers. Who's starting in his place?

Rico Brogna

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nah.  Rico's a lefty, too.  It will probably be Randy Ready.

Sgt PSN