Phillies season 8

Started by MURP, September 01, 2005, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philly_Crew

Good game.  Bring on the Nats!

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Philly_Crew on September 01, 2005, 04:02:09 PM
Good game. Bring on the Nats!

Hopefully they beat the Braves tonight though which will put the Phils just 3 games behind them in the division. 

MDS

2-0 Braves in the second.  :boo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

1980 Phillies after 134 games? 72 - 62
2005 Phillies after 134 games? 72 - 62

Get your championship hats and shirts now. :P

BigEd76

Phillies = 72-62 (3 at WSH)
Astros = 71-62 (3 vs STL)
Marlins = 70-63 (3 vs NYM)
Mets = 69-64 (3 at FLA)
Nationals = 69-65 (3 vs PHI)

Braves = 76-58 (3 vs CIN)

Braves' magic number for the division: 25
Phils' magic number for the wildcard: 29

==============================

Phillies at Nationals
Padilla vs Halama
Brito vs TBD
Tejeda vs TBD (Patterson?)

Reds at Braves
Milton vs Hudson
Luke Hudson vs Davies (who pitched 3 innings tonight)
Ortiz vs TBD (Sosa?)

Cardinals at Astros
Mulder vs Astacio
Carpenter vs Clemens  :o
Marquis vs Rodriguez

Mets at Marlins
Zambrano vs Willis
Benson vs Beckett
Seo vs Burnett

Poor Mets...   :-D

==============================
(bolded games are the longest remaining road trip)

Phillies (72-62, 28 games left)
3 at WSH, 3 vs HOU, 3 vs FLA, 4 vs ATL, 3 at FLA, 3 at ATL, 3 at CIN, 3 vs NYM, 3 at WSH

Braves (76-58, 28 games left, 4.0 ahead in division)
3 vs CIN, 3 vs NYM, 3 at WSH, 4 at PHI, 3 at NYM, 3 vs PHI, 3 vs FLA, 3 vs COL, 3 at FLA

Astros (71-62, 29 games left, 0.5 GB in WC)
3 vs STL, 3 at PHI, 3 at MIL, 4 vs FLA, 3 vs MIL, 4 at PIT, 3 at CHC, 2 at STL, 4 vs CHC

Marlins (70-63, 29 games left, 1.5 GB in WC)
3 vs NYM, 4 at WSH, 3 at PHI, 4 at HOU, 3 vs PHI, 3 at NYM, 3 at ATL, 3 vs WSH, 3 vs ATL

Mets (69-64, 29 games left, 2.5 GB in WC)
3 at FLA, 3 at ATL, 4 at STL, 3 vs WSH, 3 vs ATL, 3 vs FLA, 3 at WSH, 3 at PHI, 4 vs COL

Nationals (69-65, 28 games left, 3 GB in WC)
3 vs PHI, 4 vs FLA, 3 vs ATL, 3 at NYM, 3 at SD, 3 vs SF, 3 vs NYM, 3 at FLA, 3 vs PHI

MDS

Patterson is going sunday for the Nats. Didn't hear any offical word that Brito would saturday, but you're probably right to put him in there. He's the only option.

Sgt PSN

I just heard an interesting little stat on Mike and Mike this morning.

Robinson Tejeda is tied with Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz for having left the most games with a lead (5) only to have the bullpen blow it. 

5 times Tejeda has left the game with a lead and 5 times it's been blown by the BP.  They never stated if the team went on to lose those 5 games or not but that's got to be extremely irritating for a starting pitcher. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2005, 11:58:54 PM
Patterson is going sunday for the Nats. Didn't hear any offical word that Brito would saturday, but you're probably right to put him in there. He's the only option.

CSN showed Brito as the starter.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Tejeda apparantley has shoulder inflamation, and GAVIN FLOYD will start sunday.  :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 02, 2005, 05:53:58 PM
Tejeda apparantley has shoulder inflamation, and GAVIN FLOYD will start sunday.  :-D

This is bad. We NEED Tejeda to pitch.  :-\
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Sindey Ponson is on the market....but I still think hes on the DL.  :paranoid 
Other options include:
1) Pedro Lariano  :P
2) Paul Abbott  :-D
3) Myers on 3 days  >:(
4) Geary, Lopez and the rest of the back of the bullpen go 5/6 innings  :-\

I don't think 4 is such a bad idea. Okay Geary blows, but Lopez has been pretty good. If he goes 2-3 inning, Larinao and Geary combine to get them through 5...then you go to Fultz. Now, this kills the bullpen with no day off that week. So, eh, kinda risky unless Myers goes out the next day and gives everyone a rest.

I guess its the best bet to hope Floyd catches lighting in a bottle or something and actually pitches well.

PhillyGirl

MDS

Yea, on the DL. He can came off next week, I think.

PhillyGirl

I farging hate Wilkerson.

And Padilla looks like garbage again.